Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

That display from Arsenal was one of the most pathetic I have seen from a supposedly top level football team in many, many years.

And, beyond that, their obvious attempts to injure our players—especially Rodri (though, Partey ultimately was not responsible for the incident that saw our talisman limp off) is absolutely despicable.

How almost no one in the media is calling it out for what it was — and even some on here are trying to justify their behaviour — shows how partisan and desperate things have become in recent years.

Last edited:
Has it been cleared up mow - was Tossard booked the Sly shoulder in the back or kicking the ball away?

I swear Arteta must have training drills for that.
Apparently the PL confirmed it was for Ricing the ball.

When it should have been for going full force in to Bernie’s back with no intention of playing the ball.

And it is quite informative that all of the debate today is about whether it was fair or correct to send Trousers off for Ricing the ball, completely ignoring that a second yellow was justified either way.

Almost as if they don’t actually care about the validity or rationality of what actually happened…

Has a premier league team, even with 10 men, ever had less than 12.5% possession in a half? Most of that would have been Raya falling down all the time and holding on to the ball for 20 - 25 seconds despite the six second law. Embarrassing for any team, let alone one who wants to win a title.

Still trying to work out some of what I witnessed yesterday.

We started really well but lost our way after Rodri's injury and then conceded a frustrating goal. Prior to them going ahead we lost our intensity around the second balls. If you watch the sequence leading to the corner, Saliba free header, Rice & Partey relatively unchallenged and they get easy access to the byline.

We've already had a warning a couple of minutes prior.

It is a minor difference, but this can be hugely detrimental and it has felt like we've conceded too many cheap goals so far this season.

I'll credit our players for keeping going in the second half. There's very little you can do but just work the opposition and patiently create that opening. 20 players in the 18 yard box at times, there's no coaching for that sort of situation and you have still keep an eye on the transition too.

Had we subbed a defender, one of their 'goal kick attacking set pieces' could've easily been flicked on for 3-1.

Easy to write at length about Arsenal's approach, but they want to be careful. All this exploit every margin and situation for gain will lead to emotional exhaustion if it doesn't bear trophies and an end result very soon. There are various examples of players checking out after 18 months playing like this, the obvious ones Mourinho, Conte & Tuchel.

You could see it amongst their fans also. The reaction to Doku nudging the ball back was hilarious, the whole away end calling for a card. Then the odd full on celebrating of tackles and catches. Understand some reaction given the pressure but it was like they had scored at times.

That display from Arsenal was one of the most pathetic I have seen from a supposedly top level football team in many, many years.

And, beyond that, they obvious attempts to injure our players—especially Rodri (though, Partey ultimately was no responsible for the incident that our talisman limp off) is absolutely despicable.

How almost no one in the media is calling out for what it was — and even some on here are trying to justify their behaviour — shows how partisan and desperate things have become in recent years.
i am yet to see a replay of the incident from the kick off when Rodri got clattered by Havertz, even though it stopped the game for several minutes i believe (was at the game) SLY declined to show a replay which is usually a good indicator. Yesterday was pure anti football by the away team, aided by Oliver.

That said, i think this is the first big game we have missed Alvarez, he hasdthe knack of sniffing out space when the opponents have ten in the box.

Anyway, proud the lads never gave in, also nice Haaland gave them some back.

Onwards to Watford, time to get the League Cup back to its rightful owners.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.