Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Can't understand why Haaland wasn't assigned to block off Gabriel on set-pieces. Obvious really - needed his strength and height.

(as for the red - was the second yellow for kicking the ball away or for the deliberate flying elbow to the back of the neck? Or a combo of both - either way - thoroughly deserved despite the shithouse protestation of the highly unlikeable "Nateter").

Last edited:
"Arsenal have got into head"

Fuck off have they.

They have nothing to bring apart from shit housing appeased by a compliant referee.

Spot on

Up to the Rodri injury, City was roasting them and opening them up easily and would have won by 2 or 3 goals
But the game changed and I think Rodri was missed at corners and maybe he was on Gabriel,

Arsenal's plan was to come here and not lose and Not come here and win

Spot on

Up to the Rodri injury, City was roasting them and opening them up easily and would have won by 2 or 3 goals
But the game changed and I think Rodri was missed at corners and maybe he was on Gabriel,

Arsenal's plan was to come here and not lose and Not come here and win
You'd think it was the greatest defensive display since the Battle Of Britain listening to the sports media this morning.

"Arsenal have got into head"

Fuck off have they.

They have nothing to bring apart from shit housing appeased by a compliant referee.
Am amazed that no one (that I've seen anyway) has not criticised Arteta for being so negative with all 9 outfield players continually behind the ball - all 2nd half.
Yes, they defended well. But, one of City's weaknesses is the quick counter-attack.
If they had left a speed merchant upfront, Arsenal might have created a real threat.
Pep has got into Lego-man's head, not the other way around...

shoulda gone old school and swapped Gundo and Dias. Throwing the CB up front is a dying art.

This. Bit of disruptive Brexitball for a bit, while having someone who can shoot in possession around the edge of the box. It's what Stones was told to do when he came on. Personally think we should have gone down to 3 defenders from half time and Pep wasted too long allowing Dias/Akanji/Kovacic/Walker to be our outlets

The most embarrassing display by any side, I have ever witnessed. - How could Oliver ignore their antics so willingly? - bent or incompetent? - The usual debate.
How some in our media are lauding it as some sort of tactical and brave achievement- says it all about our media.

Agreed. You can't draw a team out if they are intent on play as Arsenal did.

Our shooting from range was poor but our best player in that regard was not playing.
Thought Pep’s tactics and subs lacked a bit of ingenuity, as has been said by others he could have tried Savio and Doku on opposite wings to try and get to byline, also could have put someone else outside box to take the potshots. Subs wise I thought it played into their hands putting Bernie out wide as he didn’t need double marking, plus having 4 centre backs on pitch was madness, all in my opinion of course.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.