Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

The setup vs their corners were abysmal.
6 or 7 blue shirts covering near post with no red around,
bloody insane.
Nobody was looking around! Why didn't Eddie command them??

No idea who is responsible, but this must never happen again.
We have to be 500% more physical at set pieces even if we don't have the height. We are the only nice guys in the country. It doesn't work that way, we have to react. Penalties aren't given for holding, wrestling or bearhugs, for whatever moronic reason.

1st corner, Doku on Gabriel? WTF?
Kyle concentrating on poking Gabriel and forgot what he might have in mind - when it happened before?!!!

That really brings up some serious questions.

Aside from the result, and how well we were playing up until the Rodri injury, that game was annoying as hell.

The big issue was leaving Kovacic on. I get it, its awkward to sub a sub, especially one who hasn't done anything wrong.

But that game was crying out for passing through them or players talented enough to accurately shoot from distance.

You know who can do that? Gundogan. Foden. Even Nunes.

Leaving Gundogan and then Foden in the 6 yard box was absolutely madness.

The game also cried out for Rico Lewis. I don't rate him as much as some on here but in a game like that his movement and quick passing would have offered us the exact opposite of what Walker offered, which frankly was horrendous.

Why Pep was so poor on the subs and set up against a parked bus is beyond me. Even when he made changes they were left ridiculously late.

In saying all of the above, scoring so late will have completely broken those players and you have to love that. Literally sold their souls football wise to steal that and failed. Love it.

Thought Pep’s tactics and subs lacked a bit of ingenuity, as has been said by others he could have tried Savio and Doku on opposite wings to try and get to byline, also could have put someone else outside box to take the potshots. Subs wise I thought it played into their hands putting Bernie out wide as he didn’t need double marking, plus having 4 centre backs on pitch was madness, all in my opinion of course.
How about Bernie stretching the Arse defense on the right (their left), Sub Grealish's quick thinking on the corner and Sub Stones scoring?

Reactions: PPT
Same. So incredibly proud of this team and the way they just go for it. We were up against a wall of 9 who were defensively brilliant. The only thing I noticed was that the ball across the 18 yard was often set for Diaz for the shot. If that was Kev we might have gotten that equalizer early. We have such determination and you can never write this team off. Well done Blues!
Yep. Points like this are what can make the difference at the end. Sometimes you have to grind it out when things aren’t going your way. Judging by some of the comments on here some fans seem to forget that we’re not going to dominate every game with 10/10 performances across the board. Maybe that’s the problem, they don’t remember anything different.
Arse definitely deflated at the end. That’s their takeaway feeling from this game and the opposite for us. Last minute goals have this effect like nothing else.

Arsenal were absolute shit houses. We could of been 3-0 up before they scored. Gundo should of hit the target when through and then he hit the post. Arsenal are bunch of dirty fuckers. They wanted to take Rodri out. Ive not seen what happened at the start and when he got injured as we are in the North stand.

Give them credit for the way they defended, but we didn't have enough creativity to unlock a 10 man bus.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.