Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

"Arsenal took every opportunity to slow things down. On average they took 42.7 seconds to restart the game after being awarded either a corner, goal-kick, free-kick or throw-in."

That's anti-football.
Reya hold on to the ball for twenty seconds a time. Remember Eddie getting a yellow for holding on to the ball for about ten seconds a year or two ago.

Aside from the result, and how well we were playing up until the Rodri injury, that game was annoying as hell.

The big issue was leaving Kovacic on. I get it, its awkward to sub a sub, especially one who hasn't done anything wrong.

But that game was crying out for passing through them or players talented enough to accurately shoot from distance.

You know who can do that? Gundogan. Foden. Even Nunes.

Leaving Gundogan and then Foden in the 6 yard box was absolutely madness.

The game also cried out for Rico Lewis. I don't rate him as much as some on here but in a game like that his movement and quick passing would have offered us the exact opposite of what Walker offered, which frankly was horrendous.

Why Pep was so poor on the subs and set up against a parked bus is beyond me. Even when he made changes they were left ridiculously late.

In saying all of the above, scoring so late will have completely broken those players and you have to love that. Literally sold their souls football wise to steal that and failed. Love it.
Please tell me you’re joking.

One thing they really need to address is the group team talks during the match. Ridiculous.
Its not going away anytime soon. The take over of the clubs / game by multiple usa owners , ideas, etc will continue. Soon tactical breaks will lead to commercial breaks , lengthy var decisions the same ,
The ever increasing injury time focus is another commercial idea to keep the punter in his seat longer ...advertisers will .love it when the average match goes on 15 mins longer each time .

This has been evolution rather than revolution ,but it's been happening all the same ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.