Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

It came to this I need to celebrate a point at home against 10 men Arsenal after we turned to jelly in span of 10 minutes in the first half.
I am not sure what is Pep trying to do, but he is fecking it up big time. Inter in the final year and half ago, RM last season, any strong team in the PL last season, United in the FA cup final, Inter again in the CL and now Arsenal at home. Haaland against back five and being immovable object around the penalty spot is not working. He scored when we caught them off guard on the through ball, but it is becoming bloody rarity against the resolute defence. Please tell me where I am getting it wrong?
Tell you what, of the two managers on the sidelines today, I’d take ours over Lego head every single day. Imagine City playing like them twats today.

Without both Rodri and Kevin, we did lack ideas around the box. However it is so difficult to breakdown a team that has given up any attacking ambitions. I would have liked to have seen Jack on earlier. Not just because he helped to create the goal but also because he is more experienced at breaking down packed defences than either savio or Doku.
So happy we stopped them winning this game.
I think we may have lost Rodri for a while.

Mixed emotions after that. So pleased they didn’t hang on to the 3 points
Furious about that free kick, Oliver called him over for a stupid lecture and then let them take the kick before he’d got back
Ridiculous
Anyway, fuck off arsenal we’re top of the league

One thing I'm curious about. Did Oliver blow the whistle? If he did it probably was mere incompetence. But if he didn't, there is no goal. The ball has to be called back, and furthermore to the spot where the foul was committed. VAR can't intervene on things like that. But Oliver sure as hell could and should have.
It's a genuine question. I couldn't see the first half.
As for the second. Absolutely buzzing, and to me it feels almost like a moral victory. And yes, Arsenal played utter shithouse football (is this what people want as heirs apparent to the title — really?) but, don't care if I don't pelters for it, there are very few teams in the world who can hold out 10 against 11 at the Etihad. They were organised, and they will be hard to beat. By anybody.
And you will point out — but they didn't hold out! Yep, and that's why I'm buzzing. But it was a close-run thing.

Can't wait for Arteta's rant.....
Now Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta is giving his thoughts to MOTD 2.

He says it was a "miracle" his side were in the lead for so long with 10 men.

On some of the decisions by referee Michael Oliver, Arteta said "they do not deserve my comment".

I mean just me personally,and Arsenal had no choice in the second half

But twice they’ve come here not to lose

Which they’ve got, last season it cost them

However, they will never win much with that small minded dark arts mentality

Look at Klopps Liverpool, never took a backward step to us.

Ffs praising the scousers now, need a lie down
Just said same to my lad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.