Arsenal (H) Post Match Thread

I am a bit of a numpty on the offside rule, so forgive me. But, what's not in doubt is that Jesus is in an offside position throughout. Before, during and after the ball was kicked, he's always in an offside position.

Isn't he therefore offside when he receives the ball and becomes active?
What? Like when? When Silva passes the ball to him, if I recall well, he's behind the ball, therefore he cannot be offside.

So I watched a recording of the game yesterday when we got home. It confirmed a number of things I thought on Sunday: we could and should have been 3 or 4 up at half time, some of the chances wasted in the first half were woeful. Kun and Raz in particular. I thought Fern, Dave, John and Kev had brilliant games. Sane was a little off the pace the whole game. Particularly in the second half, Raz was making some really tasty runs that were being ignored particularly by Kev. Ota played really well apart from their goal. He should have stuck with Lacazette run as Stones and Fern had Ramsay covered. I thought the club handled th3 presentation to Kun really well. Real class.

I genuinely believe we beat them whilst never getting out of second gear. Says a lot about the quality of this squad.

The fact is 8 or 9 of our players had really tough game away to the unbeaten Serie A leaders just a few days before , and the Goons played their reserves in the losers cup against a nobody team , the concerning thing for old c*nt Wenger is we didnt have to get out of 2nd gear to beat his bunch of underachievers . The penalty was nailed on Monreal pushed and then tripped Sterling , and the offside was marginal at the most , perhaps if his spineless team played to the whistle instead of expecting the linesman to bail them out every time they would have been able to make the score more respectable. Wenger is a stubborn old bastard who is living in the past , his own supporters have wanted rid of him for years , and his teams have no backbone , the sooner he f*cks of to China to earn a few more quid the better , good riddance.

IFAB GLOSSARY

KICK • The ball is kicked when a player makes contact with the foot and/or the ankle

I'd like to see a re-run of the pass from an in-line camera for exactly when Silva makes contact with the ball (not a millisecond later as the ball has come off his foot to see how close this really was due to players moving in opposite directions). Sky cameras show the offside after the ball has left Silvas foot which as the above states is not when the ball is deemed to have been kicked.
Distance covered if both parties were moving at 15mph in 0.1 seconds = 1.35m (enough to put him onside)

I know its all fluff as it was given but be interesting to see.

IFAB GLOSSARY

KICK • The ball is kicked when a player makes contact with the foot and/or the ankle

I'd like to see a re-run of the pass from an in-line camera for exactly when Silva makes contact with the ball (not a millisecond later as the ball has come off his foot to see how close this really was due to players moving in opposite directions). Sky cameras show the offside after the ball has left Silvas foot which as the above states is not when the ball is deemed to have been kicked.
Distance covered if both parties were moving at 15mph in 0.1 seconds = 1.35m (enough to put him onside)

I know its all fluff as it was given but be interesting to see.
Silva's foot?

I’ve been reading the match day thread on Goonersworld, and I started to have some sympathy for Arsenal fans. They have some loyal, long standing fans, who are just so fed up of the way their club has been mismanaged.

Most of them don’t rate Ramsey, and they despair of the tactics and selections of their manager. They don’t seem to have that much hatred towards us, although this guy didn’t go down too well.

72d95d80227d3f61458219b7c8c7962e.jpg

They definitely would prefer us winning the league than their London rivals or United (Mourinho).

This was an interesting take on the game, given that we thought it was below what we are capable of. There are many other complementary comments, with not much love lost for the officials, Wenger, Ramsey or their club in general really.

11259680500cdf32753267558f18b96e.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.