Arsenal (H) Post Match Thread

Go to 10:40 in the tunnel cam video. What’s Pep doing exactly? It appears like he’s pacing & talking to himself. I’m getting that vibe because none of the players were looking at him or even paying attention.

Just seems odd

Go to 10:40 in the tunnel cam video. What’s Pep doing exactly? It appears like he’s pacing & talking to himself. I’m getting that vibe because none of the players were looking at him or even paying attention.

Just seems odd

While it does look odd, I am pretty sure that its just overdubbed audio. Pep probably said something not suitable for broadcast or something secret and the video editors have just taken audio from unused footage and overdubbed it.

While it does look odd, I am pretty sure that its just overdubbed audio. Pep probably said something not suitable for broadcast or something secret and the video editors have just taken audio from unused footage and overdubbed it.
I get the audio part, for sure. But it’s just the physical aspect of the whole thing that seems odd. Just seemed kind of awkward because he was looking at the ground & talking while he was pacing. Seems like he was just muttering stuff

IFAB GLOSSARY

KICK • The ball is kicked when a player makes contact with the foot and/or the ankle

I'd like to see a re-run of the pass from an in-line camera for exactly when Silva makes contact with the ball (not a millisecond later as the ball has come off his foot to see how close this really was due to players moving in opposite directions). Sky cameras show the offside after the ball has left Silvas foot which as the above states is not when the ball is deemed to have been kicked.
Distance covered if both parties were moving at 15mph in 0.1 seconds = 1.35m (enough to put him onside)

I know its all fluff as it was given but be interesting to see.

See below, frame 2. It's not exactly in line with play, but this is the moment Fernandino first touches the ball and at that point, Silva's left leg is already ahead of the 2nd last defender, and he is therefore offside.
I came on this thread to show how Silva was *definitely* offside, and I have to say I am surprised.

He is in fact offside, but it is much closer than I thought. And taking this "when did Fernandino actually play the ball" question into account, it varies from *just* off, to quite clearly off, depending on whether you go for the moment of first contact with Ferna's boot, or a tiny bit later than that. Either which way, Silva was off.

This is *before* Fernandino kicks the ball. Silva is on, but Ferna hasn't touched the ball yet. You can just make out his right boot peaking out from behind his left leg as he prepares to play the ball.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.45.48.png

This is the first point Ferna touches the ball. Notice the ball has not moved yet. Silva is already (very marginally) off.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.47.15.png

This is the point the ball clearly moves. Silva is even further off.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.47.42.png

And finally, this is the point they choose to freeze the frame. The ball has long departed from Ferna's boot, and of course Silva is even more off by then.
ScreenShot2017-11-06at15.49.25.png

The point though, is it was mighty close. A travesty of a refereeing decision, it was NOT.

See below, frame 2. It's not exactly in line with play, but this is the moment Fernandino first touches the ball and at that point, Silva's left leg is already ahead of the 2nd last defender, and he is therefore offside.

Much appreciated for that.
It was exactly what I wanted to see.
As I suspected the ball was kicked as per definition at the 2nd snapshot - Silvas foot is offside the rest of his body is level, too close for a decision to be overturned by VAR imo and perfectly understandable why the assistant ref may get the decision wrong as there is sufficient distance between the two parties that both are not in the same eyeline at the same time and the time delay between switching between the 2 and extrapolating the difference from when the ball was kicked is sufficient to end up with allowing the goal.
Given that the frames are successive at 1/24 thats a differnce of 0.042 seconds between frames 4 x 100ths of a second later. Don't know what Wenger is getting his knickers in a twist about.

First time this season I have 'clicked' on Tunnel Cam. What worries me is the number of steps they come down.
One slip and could be out of the game with injury .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.