Arsenal (H) Post Match Thread

First time this season I have 'clicked' on Tunnel Cam. What worries me is the number of steps they come down.
One slip and could be out of the game with injury .

That was the first thing I thought. Why would players have to walk up and down so many steps in football boots??

First time this season I have 'clicked' on Tunnel Cam. What worries me is the number of steps they come down.
One slip and could be out of the game with injury .
tumblr_mijdk518Mp1s5ha6to1_250.gif

Rewatched the Arsenal match, entertaining stuff even on 2nd viewing.

Iwobi, Koscielny and Ramsey were very good in particular and Alexis continues to be a cut above

Thought it was smart from Wenger to drop into a back line of 5 and push forward with 3 - in the 2nd half with tired legs, City looked susceptible. Think most defenses will look to replicate that approach to frustrate City going forward but you have to have the right personnel to succeed at it. Arsenal look better than I’ve read. Clear penalty on Monreal and you could even possibly make a good case that the push from Kolasinac warranted a penalty earlier too.

Sané negated any impact from Bellerin while Sterling was a constant threat- despite how often he squandered chances. The reactions from Pep were priceless, must've felt he was having deja vu from last season

As good as City are currently, clear to me they can still get much better

Iwobi, Koscielny and Ramsey were very good in particular and Alexis continues to be a cut above

Thought it was smart from Wenger to drop into a back line of 5 and push forward with 3 - in the 2nd half with tired legs, City looked susceptible. Think most defenses will look to replicate that approach to frustrate City going forward but you have to have the right personnel to succeed at it. Arsenal look better than I’ve read. Clear penalty on Monreal and you could even possibly make a good case that the push from Kolasinac warranted a penalty earlier too.

Sané negated any impact from Bellerin while Sterling was a constant threat- despite how often he squandered chances. The reactions from Pep were priceless, must've felt he was having deja vu from last season

Did a rewatch myself and the most pleasing thing I took from it was in that moment where we looked susceptible we didn't panic, we just carried on playing our game, neat tidy passing to work our way out of trouble and take control again, it's clear the amount of trust the players now have in what they're doing, that wasn't evident last season.

We can always get better. Don't you ever listen to Pep.

From Monday, last post in the Arsenal thread on RAWK...

"City will hit a slump. Probably still win the league, but they wont romp it, have they done the wet Tuesday night at stoke yet?"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.