Arsenal (H) | Post-Match Thread

Bloody hell, just seen the red card… never a red.

And get up Cancelo you absolute tart, rolling around like he had a sledge hammer smashed against his leg.
It should be red for intent but Cancelo jumpred/dived after the tackle had missed his legs.
probably a good job he missed though as that could have been a leg breaker and the very reason it is a red card.

Bernardo touched the ball 35 times yesterday. Yes he’s fantastic, a lovely player to watch who is dangerous every time he gets it but he didn’t run it yesterday like KDB does when he plays. He offers a lot of running and balance admittedly but KDB is KDB.

Just watched the highlighs on the OS.
Rodri for once didn't put his boot through the ball for his trademark cannonball but sroked it instead and got the goal he often deserves.
Looked like a great perofmance but Eddie was lucky with that bit of carelessness.

It was very good for periods but also a couple of things that didn't quite click, for example Eddie's distribution in the first 25 minutes was hampered by the Arsenal set up. They gifted us the first two goals so abject were their defending, just atrocious. Red card was correct. After that we looked good but it was against 10 disorganised and disheartened players so I don't think we should get too carried away yet.

Having said all that, there was much to like in terms of individual performance. Back 4 all played well and Laporte certainly looks up for it. He even fancied himself as a striker for a period in the second half. Mid three were really good. I just hope we can hang on to Bernie. Quiet game from Grealish but one or two really nice touches in the box including his assist. Gabby a contender for motm again, Liked Torres performance, he does make some nice runs and he was good quality for the two goals. Raheem looked sharp when he came on but still gaives the ball away too often. Mahrez unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.

I am assuming that Zinc came on second half to get some miles in his legs and that Walker is ok. Thought he looked class and would highlight one defensive move when he covered on the right and ran a long way to make a successful challenge. We are fine for full backs when the three of them show this form.

At the end of a difficult week it made me happy to see us rattling in goals. Just wish I could have been at the Etihad so see the match and have a good look at those magnificent tributes to Vinnie and Dave.

No just a generic one saying the text was sent in error. It is unprofessional at the very least.

They also must have sent me about six at least advising me to download the Arsenal game on my seasoncard after I had already done it and after yesterday's game too.

It was very good for periods but also a couple of things that didn't quite click, for example Eddie's distribution in the first 25 minutes was hampered by the Arsenal set up. They gifted us the first two goals so abject were their defending, just atrocious. Red card was correct. After that we looked good but it was against 10 disorganised and disheartened players so I don't think we should get too carried away yet.

Having said all that, there was much to like in terms of individual performance. Back 4 all played well and Laporte certainly looks up for it. He even fancied himself as a striker for a period in the second half. Mid three were really good. I just hope we can hang on to Bernie. Quiet game from Grealish but one or two really nice touches in the box including his assist. Gabby a contender for motm again, Liked Torres performance, he does make some nice runs and he was good quality for the two goals. Raheem looked sharp when he came on but still gaives the ball away too often. Mahrez unlucky not to get on the scoresheet.

I am assuming that Zinc came on second half to get some miles in his legs and that Walker is ok. Thought he looked class and would highlight one defensive move when he covered on the right and ran a long way to make a successful challenge. We are fine for full backs when the three of them show this form.

At the end of a difficult week it made me happy to see us rattling in goals. Just wish I could have been at the Etihad so see the match and have a good look at those magnificent tributes to Vinnie and Dave.
on the walker thing, someone said they saw him in the car as they were leaving the ground about a minute either before or after the final whistle ??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.