Arsenal (H) | Post-Match Thread

Did we play well against Arsenal or were they just terrible? We scored goals from high crosses. Normally we never do that. I don't think we should take much from this game because Arsenal really were terrible.

Why is Xhaka captain? How many times has he been sent off for Arsenal?

I'm not sure there is much we can learn from this game about City.

Thought Arsenal had their tactics right initially with how they went man to man. Once we went ahead it was game over.

Bernardo was fantastic, Jesus exceptional out wide. Its been a fantastic response since the Spurs game.
I had absolutely no idea what Arsenal were trying to achieve

Eric, Gabby and Bernardo should be going nowhere. This team clicked today and they were major players in that.

After the week we've had with Kane and Ronaldo it was great to see us get 5 goals from different players, and Torres was absolutely brilliant.

Hat off to Gundog who did a great job stringing things together. Amazing to think we still have KdB and Foden to come back.
There’s only TWO Ferran Torres, TWO Ferran Torres

Very good performance. First player since Leroy where you sense the expectation of the crowd as he receives the ball. The ball seems stuck to his feet and rarely loses it. Going to be a star for us. (JG)

Absolutely brilliant performance by everyone in blue.
Rod gets some stick on here but I thought he was excellent.
We could and should have finished with double figures today.
Arsenal are very poor but that was partly due to our excellence.
Jesus and Torres very very good again as was Bernie and Gundo.
Zinc looked good when he came on and Grealish was pulling their defenders all over the place.
Great way to start the weekend..happy days
It was an emphatic win in the end.
We thrashed Arsenal, which, after all the beatings they have dished out to City over the years, was sweet.
I agree, we probably could have beaten them by 10, but 5 will do.
Be it 1,5 or 10 goals a win's a win and you still only get 3 points for it.
Just suppose we had beaten them by 10? What would the fallout have been?
Arteta sacked? Surely no-one truly wants that?
The rest of the media hating us even more because we humiliated one of their favoured 4? (I could well live with that!)
The agenda of us being a club that only wins 'because of the money' reinforced in peoples' minds? I remember they called it 'financial doping' and a system was introduced especially to stop us 'buying the league'.
Some people would call that restraint of trade and it only delayed our rise to the top, never stopped it.
FFP worked really well there didn't it?
No we are not a club that goes out to humiliate other clubs, we are not so insecure as to need to do that. Why?
Because we are super City from Maine Road and the best team in the land and all the world.
(Always have been, even when we were sh*t.)
We, City, are a class act, not a crass one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.