Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

MAGNIFICENT CITY
Kev: majestic.
Haaland: developing nicely.
Akanji: A rock.
PEP: Genius. An adjustment here, a change there and the City slickers, absent for much of the season, return in style.
All others: Excellent, professional.

I dont think I've seen 2 more sublime goals from KDB other than THAT free kick

Stones getting his head up in his own box, a cracking shield and take from Haaland. Movement of Kev with the ball takes three players out of the game and a laser guided finish to put it in. Has to be up there with one of our best goals this season.

Watched City since 1972. I've seen them go up level after level after level. This team has a level that no team I've ever seen has had. They swept The Arse aside like a Championship team, could have scored 8 but for their goalkeeper who was by far their best player. I could not devise a plan to stop Haaland and KDB, they play as one; it's Cruyff and Neeskins, only more utterly devastating.

Grealish, Rodri, Dias, Bernardo, Gundogan. The blend is rich almost beyond words. Guardiola is a complete football genius.

As i have only watched the Arse three times this season i'm shocked they are top of the table.
Tbf they’ve been excellent for most of it, probably lack that experience, but with a class midfielder (in place of Xhaka), two class fullbacks, and dare I say it a prolific striker (maybe it will be Gabby, but not convinced) I think they’ll be up there with us in the seasons to come.

I'm trying to think of a better performance from a City team. Maybe Arsenal were bad, I need to rewatch it with less alcohol and adrenaline in my blood, but we were absolutely stunning last night. Kev and Haaland playing like they were attached by string, Gundo setting the game's rhythm like a pacemaker that was fine tuned by Mozart himself, Bernie and Grealish fucking everywhere with the ball glued to their feet, Stones and Rodri gliding through the game like chess players who knew Arsenal's next moves before them, Dias and Akanji and Walker patrolling their own half like the scariest school bullies you've ever seen, Ederson kicking long, landing the ball on a penny, and then giving the Arsenal fans shit. Just unreal. What a fucking team.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.