Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

After having doubts about a couple of our squad namely Jack and Akanji at the start of the season it is wonderful to see the way they are all together and their isn’t a weak link.Jack has really bought into the team ethic and hopefully can pass it on to Phillips. I don’t think we have demolished anyone as thoroughly as last night’s game in a long time Ann’s I’m glad it was those cocky pricks

That was a footballing masterclass last night. Made Arsenal look very poor and could have been out of sight by half time. KDB & Haaland magnificent and everyone being brave on the ball. Was worried that we would not be able to keep Saka quiet with Ake out but Akanji made me forget Saka was on the pitch. Just a case of moving onto the next game and focusing on what's to come but god we looked good.

Watching it back, I think that's a sign of what to expect against Madrid. Let them have the ball but be mega fuckin' effective in transitions. I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal had more of the ball last night but it could've been (and would be on another night) about 6 or 7-1.

Bloke behind me thinks that unless every player is rampaging to the ball at 100mph every second that there isn't a press going on. We let them have the ball up to a certain point then boom, press them. Let them have it in their half as much as they want, there's no space to counter if we win it back. Win it in our half when they've pushed players up? More space to run into and with Kev - the best transitional midfielder in world football - running into space with Haaland as a decoy, it's a winning recipe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.