Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

Ffs I've just watched the pre match (late in last night) I thought I was watching Arsenal TV.It was all about Arsenal .Good job Joleon had the sit down with Pep otherwise he wouldn't have got a word in.Bias at its best or worst .

Really....... triple 'ard but a handsome bastard he ain't.
Modelling our away shirt...
1936_plug.jpg

Just watched the game on tv - couldn’t see the penalty shout from where I sit in the ground - but if that’s not a penalty I don’t know what is. Terrible decision & no excuse for VAR not overturning Oliver’s decision. VAR chips in when it suits

Perhaps one of the most reasonable match threads in the history of the forum.

Which, to be fair, isn’t a high bar.
That’s the solution then. What to do about the wet fannies in the Matchday thread? Answer, just play brilliantly. Simple.

Has Pep now revealed a way to beat our press by bypassing Arsenal's so easily?
Maybe, but I think there are specific prerequisites to doing what we did:

First, you need a bunch of players who are very comfortable playing around the back, even when they're being pressed heavily. This helps draw Arsenal forwards. Most teams struggle here. Additionally, Ederson has a big part in this for us, which other teams can't replicate.

Second, you need to be good enough at breaking through a press. We have many players who can do this. Others don't. This forces Arsenal to be brave and overcommit.

Third, you need a goalkeeper who can both play a reasonably accurate long pass and break through a high press. It needs to both. Without the long-passing ability, the forward never gets the ball. Without the line-breaking passes, Arsenal can swarm the keeper whenever play gets too deep, preventing the goalie from doing anything. The keeper also needs to be really calm under pressure. Ederson's abilities are very difficult for other teams to replicate.

Fourth, you need a player up top who can be a physical nuisance. Someone who is either really big, strong (this can be a smaller player who's really good at holding their ground), fast, or whatever. This player is somebody that can occupy a CB and win those balls into midfield. They can then bring others into the game.

Finally, you need at least two players who can exploit this space. They need to be fast, strong, and clinical. Otherwise, teams won't care and will just keep pressing high without fear.

The significant factor is that we can play over the top and through a press.

We did something very similar against Spurs in 17/18 at ours. Aguero and Sané were fast enough to win the long balls, and then those two (plus Sterling and De Bruyne) did a lot of damage.

Class! I can tell you I'm in the exact same boat as you, My daughter is 9. She always watched City with me but never got too involved as in cheering and singing ect. The last 8 months she's completely transformed, Jumping around the place when we score...Sang her heart out at the Bayern game. Constantly walking around the house singing JOHNNY JOHHNY STONES :)

It's actually so emotional having your daughter with you spending time together watching City the bond we have. Nothing beats it.
Completely agree, my daughter is 30 now (no pictures fuck off, I don't care what the rules say) and she went to her first game aged 6, still watch games together and hope we always will

Absolutely bossed Arsenal last night.
Loads already been said here but my chest almost burst with pride when I saw Boulders smile at the green light giving a goal. Lump in the throat moment.
The Viking loves us !!! Loved the way our boys backed each other against such a shithouse team.
Gabby - wtf a little brush on the face and he goes down quicker than Spurs after Christmas.
Odegaard - shit anti perspirant your just a shit anti-perspirant
Onwards and upwards fucking love this club

We were awesome last night. The character of our side is top, we just expect to win, we don't accept any negatives. We seem to enjoy the challenge. Really happy to see a moaning gooners video on twitter this morning, saying how horrible our fans were, clearly showing me (and loads of the South stand), going apeshit after we scored.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.