Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

Just a slightly different slant - Arsenal were misguided in thinking that they could turn up at our place and expect to play their "A" game, with their normal formation. It's easy in retrospect but, Arteta's already lost against City twice this season, and they were badly beaten at the Emirates. He wouldn't blink - if he had, he should have changed the starting formation and had the bollocks to leave out any one of his forwards, so he could have tightened up elsewhere. By the time he realised what City were doing, and that the big boys had brought their own "A" game - and it was a lot better than his - it was too late. He had already played into Pep's hands.

The fearsome Saka and Martinelli didn't get a sniff all night; both subbed off well before the end. Jesus virtually anonymous, but he's so hardworking, there was a strong case for him to start. If they'd parked a bit more of a bus and spoiled the game for an hour or more, any of those three could have been introduced later, possibly to greater effect.

Arteta drastically underestimated City and was a victim of misplaced self-confidence in his and his team's abilities. They've had a poor run of form; City a superb run of form. Why put out a team that relies on confidence - when going into the lion's den - when that confidence has been missing lately?

City were fantastic all night and made them look shite, which they definitely aren't. But, I think their manager's overrated, after seeing that effort last night. He was clueless to intervene. He needs to step up that "A" game - or find a new one in future. Pep adapts all the time, and it works for us 99% of the time.

Arsenal were drawn in by their own hype about how great they are; they've truly seen how great this City team is now. We're up several levels from that performance at the Emirates. It's the best I've seen in nearly 60 years of following them. Drink it in blues, and - guess what? I reckon there's better to come................

Last edited:
Took my 10 year old daughter last night. Its about her 10th game. Shes a shy little thing and even v liverpool she sat rooted to her seat when we scored.
Not last night!! When KDB bagged that first she was out of her seat jumping up n down hugging me. Coulda cried. It was the night she ‘got it’.

Fuckin love City me
Brilliant !!

Class! I can tell you I'm in the exact same boat as you, My daughter is 9. She always watched City with me but never got too involved as in cheering and singing ect. The last 8 months she's completely transformed, Jumping around the place when we score...Sang her heart out at the Bayern game. Constantly walking around the house singing JOHNNY JOHHNY STONES :)

It's actually so emotional having your daughter with you spending time together watching City the bond we have. Nothing beats it.
We went to wembley together, just me and her. Magical. My youngest lad is into it but hes a tad young and is just a bit of a balloon :))

Itll come that im sat with both singing and hugging

As i say … i fuckin love city me

Was saying this to my young lad all night when we weren’t seeing Grealish overlapping supporting the attack through the middle.

I kept saying, Jack is doing what he’s being instructed to do, otherwise Pep would be ripping into him.
Both their wings were totally taken out of the game.
Jack and Bernie were on defensive duties last night.
This gave us the platform through the centre.

Brilliant.

Bernardo was perfect last night, Zinchenko drifting into midfield creates the overload. Much like Cancelo did for us or Stones is doing now.
Bernardo’s graft nullified Zinchenko offensively and his graft and threat also pinned Zinchenko back. Leaving for no overload meaning Stones didn’t have to step into midfield much at all.
Bernardo and Grealish are so adept at this now. They are hard working enough to both nullify a fullback regardless of their talents, and create problems offensively.
Our forward play both defensively and offensively was tactically perfect.

That was an exercise in how do dominate a top team. I don't think I have ever witnessed such technical control and calmness from us. We have mentally harmed them. I cannot see Arsenal having another season like this for a while.

It was beautiful to watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.