Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I've just got this feeling that Arsenal will not sit as deep as last year. Last year, they were fully happy to come to the Etihad and get a point, but if they'd shown more ambition I actually think they could have won that match. We were not in a very good moment and that point, and they were. In the end, that timorousness, arguably, cost them the title. I've got a feeling they'll come for the win this time. Which is fine by me…

I've just got this feeling that Arsenal will not sit as deep as last year. Last year, they were fully happy to come to the Etihad and get a point, but if they'd shown more ambition I actually think they could have won that match. We were not in a very good moment and that point, and they were. In the end, that timorousness, arguably, cost them the title. I've got a feeling they'll come for the win this time. Which is fine by me…
I think it's too early in the season for them to have the balls to go all out for a win. I think they will play not to lose on the basis that a point each if good enough for them in the hope they can get 3 points against us at their place. Hoping we don't go behind in the game.

Arsenal are experts at feigning injury and Arteta condones it as it allows his players a breather and water break as he gathers them for a team talk. It's only recently crept into the game but it need nipping in the bud because several teams are now doing it.
Soton started this under Hasselhuit. You could set your watch by it in the middle of the second half!

Arteta seems to think he’s outwitting everyone with his sly tactics, but it cheapens him and them. The feigning of injuries and time-wasting need clamping down by PGMOL & the PL, as it’s a total turnoff.

For me, ANYTIME a player stays down, the Physio should come on and the player goes off the field for a minimum of 1 minute. The most infuriating time-wasting is the player who stays down, game stops, ref doesn’t stop his watch, goes over and he suddenly limps to his feet…sprinting and pinging balls around within the next 10-20 seconds!! Instead of creating a crescendo of excitement towards the end of a game, it sucks the life out of the game.

Liked his energy as an Assistant, but as a Manager, he is rapidly becoming a Mourinho-level ****, without a silver pot to piss in!!

Last edited:
Soton started this under Hasselhuit. You could set your watch by it in the middle of the second half!

Arteta seems to think he’s outwitting everyone with his sly tactics, but it cheapens him and them. The feigning of injuries and time-wasting need clamping down by PGMOL & the PL, as it’s a total turnoff.

For me, ANYTIME a player stays down, the Physio should come on and the player goes off the field for a minimum of 1 minute. The most infuriating time-wasting is the player who stays down, game stops, ref doesn’t stop his watch, goes over and he suddenly limps to his feet…sprinting and pinging balks within the next 10-20 seconds!! Instead of creating a crescendo of excitement towards the end of a game, it sucks the life out of the game.

Liked his energy as an Assistant, but as a Manager, he is rapidly becoming a Mourinho-level ****, without silver pot to piss in!!
I didn’t know Hasselhuit had Saints doing it first but knew it wasn't Arteta but he soon cottoned on. Good post BTW.

Walker, Kovacic and Foden in for this
Out Rico, Kev (presumably) and Savinho
I agree.
Walker is a big game player and we need him up against Martinelli.
Kovacic has had a good start to the season and Rodri needs a partner next to him to be totally effective.
Phil needs minutes and i think he'll start and be given about an hour & if Kev is fit, i'd put him on for the last half hour.
I'd start Doku too.

Ederson

Walker
Akanji
Dias
Gvardiol

Rodri
Kovacic

Bernardo
Foden
Doku

Haaland

This will be a tight game but i can only see us winning. I'm going 2-0 to us.

COME ON CITY!!!!

Yes. Prepare for a display of the dark arts from the anti-fotball lot - time-wasting, feigning injury, their keeper holding on to the ball for ages, packed defence and lack of ambition.
You forgot to mention manhandling Haaland for 90+ minutes with no repercussions…. It’s no wonder he struggles against the “better” teams.

I agree. Last season Arsenal were too frightened to go for the win because we spanked their sorry arses the previous season and they were ultra cautious because of it. If they'd have fully gone for the win they'd have beaten us because we were there for the taking, and if they'd beaten us I think it would of further galvanised them to win the league, but they didn't because they haven't got that proven winning mentality(yet) that we have had for over 10 years.

That said they are getting better each season and if we can't retain the league I think Arsenal will win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.