Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I'd be a little nervous if I was Arteta. Inter was the perfect game for us to have before Arsenal. Arteta probably intends to set up the same way as Inter, so we essentially had a team simulating the Sunday Arsenal matchup for us midweek. In fact, Inter is considered a slightly better team than Arsenal by opta.

Ederson
Akanji, Stones, Dias, Gvardiol
Rodri, Bernardo
Doku, Foden, Grealish
Haaland

Draw them out if we can imo.
This would be my team as well. Defensive steel, control in midfield, lots of energy, attacking threat. Of course, I am assuming KDB is not fit.

Yes. Prepare for a display of the dark arts from the anti-fotball lot - time-wasting, feigning injury, their keeper holding on to the ball for ages, packed defence and lack of ambition.
They will have seen how we struggle to break down these defences, if they didn't already know. As someone just put it, if they score first, that'll be it.
It'll be anything but a classic, and no doubt Arteta will get all the plaudits for "outthinking" Pep.
I'm expecting a grim, grinding afternoon.
Arsenal are experts at feigning injury and Arteta condones it as it allows his players a breather and water break as he gathers them for a team talk. It's only recently crept into the game but it need nipping in the bud because several teams are now doing it.

I'd be a little nervous if I was Arteta. Inter was the perfect game for us to have before Arsenal. Arteta probably intends to set up the same way as Inter, so we essentially had a team simulating the Sunday Arsenal matchup for us midweek. In fact, Inter is considered a slightly better team than Arsenal by opta.
Arsenal have higher fogging estandards than Inter. And we win many more duuuuueeeellllsss.

Make absolutely no mistake these are an exceptional team and we’ll need to be bang at it for the full game.

I think they’ll play very similarly to Inter. 2 banks in a low block and then look for Saka and Martinelli as the early out ball / pace option.

I’d play Walker purely to negate Martinelli’s pace.

Think we’ve looked a bit undercooked so far this season so this will be a good test to see exactly where we’re at.

Both sides would probably be happy with a draw at this very early stage in the season.

Can’t see there being much in it.
Good post but I don't agree with you saying Arsenal are an exceptional team, pal.

Winning the league 4 times on the trot, the domestic quad, winning the CL, the 100 points 106 league goals season and several times winners of League and FA cups. Plus being UEFA Super Cup Winners and FIFA Club World Cup Winners last year makes us exceptional, truly exceptional ; )

Last night was a perfect example of how arse will play with lots more play acting and time wasting. Don't expect the slightest help from the officials who will book the first fouls by a City player and do nothing about their clogging. Going for a draw with a lap of honour by them afterwards.

Good post but I don't agree with you saying Arsenal are an exceptional team, pal.

Winning the league 4 times on the trot, the domestic quad, winning the CL, the 100 points 106 league goals season and several times winners of League and FA cups. Plus being UEFA Super Cup Winners and FIFA Club World Cup Winners last year makes us exceptional, truly exceptional ; )
Exceptional is over the top, but they're undoubtedly very good, which is reflected by the bookmaker's odds. It's not often, if ever, under Pep, you can get City at home at 1.80 to get all three points.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.