Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
When do tickets go out for this game? I'm a Citizen member and previously I received an email download ticket a few days before, I haven't received anything yet. I've tried phoning but it just goes to queue for loooong time.
Any advice pls?

I think Arsenal will go for it on Sunday - it's very early on in the season and there's plenty of time to repair any potential damage; defensively, they are sound and I'm concerned with the centre of the park where we tend to get overrun at times and are vunerable when a team breaks on us.......that Jurrien Timber looked good against Tottenham if a little hot headed..............

With that in mind, I'd go

Edi

Kyle Manny Ruby Josko

Rodders Kova

Bernardo Phil Savvy

Erli

Rodri and Matty to sure up the midfield, Bernie and Phil's energy and I think Savinho deserves a chance with his performances this season.................if Kev is fit, maybe him for Phil but I'm guessing it's
too risky to play him

I would like Grealish to play in this one.
Their fullback, White, will be unsettled by him. I think their is some history between them and if Jack can get the better of him, White will lose his head.

I would like Grealish to play in this one.
Their fullback, White, will be unsettled by him. I think their is some history between them and if Jack can get the better of him, White will lose his head.
Allegedly Grealish, Walker and Foden are reasons White won't play for England as they had a row after White was disparaging to Kyle Walker and his off-field activities at the England camp in Qatar. If you look at Ben White he always winds up players, particularly after Arsenal have just scored so I reckon there's a lot of truth in there.

Games like this I should be buzzing for it's the Champions against the runners up from the last two seasons and it should be exciting, I'm fucking dreading it as Arsenal will stink the place out of it with their boring as fuck park the bus tactics.

As much as we all hate Liverpool, When Klopp was in charge the City v Liverpool games were fucking epic both sides going full throttle at each other I've always gave the dippers credit were it's due to come to our place and show balls by having a right go at us and we would do the same at Anfield.

Arsenal are the complete opposite and it doesn't have that feel to it of a MASSIVE game like it did with the dippers.

Just get the job done City!

Games like this I should be buzzing for it's the Champions against the runners up from the last two seasons and it should be exciting, I'm fucking dreading it as Arsenal will stink the place out of it with their boring as fuck park the bus tactics.

As much as we all hate Liverpool, When Klopp was in charge the City v Liverpool games were fucking epic both sides going full throttle at each other I've always gave the dippers credit were it's due to come to our place and show balls by having a right go at us and we would do the same at Anfield.

Arsenal are the complete opposite and it doesn't have that feel to it of a MASSIVE game like it did with the dippers.

Just get the job done City!
Agreed. Think it'll be another generation before we get games as high quality and high intensity as the ones we've had against Liverpool in the Pep-Klopp era. The 2-1 win at the Etihad in January 2019 remains the highest quality game of football that's ever been played in this country. Two of the greatest teams in English football history going right at each other for 90 minutes at full speed. Still gutted that I was sick that day and had to watch it at home instead, but even on TV it was lightning fast and full throttle. The eventual champions against the eventual European Cup winners - you don't get a better spectacle than that.

Then you had those absolutely amazing games at Anfield, the 2-2 in 2021 and even the 1-1 last season was gripping until the end with Doku hitting the post. And the 2-2 draw back at ours when we were both going for the title in 2022. My heart almost couldn't take them, lol. As amazing as we've been since Pep came, Pep has said it himself that we were only so good because Liverpool kept pushing us to greater and greater heights by being such quality runners-up. I know we like to play down their achievements but 97 points in 2nd place is incredible. Arteta's a great manager and Arsenal are a good side but it's just not the same.

Agreed. Think it'll be another generation before we get games as high quality and high intensity as the ones we've had against Liverpool in the Pep-Klopp era. The 2-1 win at the Etihad in January 2019 remains the highest quality game of football that's ever been played in this country. Two of the greatest teams in English football history going right at each other for 90 minutes at full speed. Still gutted that I was sick that day and had to watch it at home instead, but even on TV it was lightning fast and full throttle. The eventual champions against the eventual European Cup winners - you don't get a better spectacle than that.

Then you had those absolutely amazing games at Anfield, the 2-2 in 2021 and even the 1-1 last season was gripping until the end with Doku hitting the post. And the 2-2 draw back at ours when we were both going for the title in 2022. My heart almost couldn't take them, lol. As amazing as we've been since Pep came, Pep has said it himself that we were only so good because Liverpool kept pushing us to greater and greater heights by being such quality runners-up. I know we like to play down their achievements but 97 points in 2nd place is incredible. Arteta's a great manager and Arsenal are a good side but it's just not the same.
Agree with every word.

I've never seen a game of football like that 2-1 at The Etihad that was unbelievable football from both teams that night the standards the night were off the scale.

As you've mentioned we've had so many incredible battles against Liverpool and we both pushed each other to the limits, Both sides were so good because they constantly raised the bar, We were a better team because of Liverpool and vice versa.

Arsenal can't hit the heights that both of those teams have done, Don't get me wrong he's done a seriously good job with them turning them from a team that was so timid into a well oiled machine defensively but as you said it's just not the same personally I don't get that buzz like I do against the Dippers or Rags.

Having said all that a 1-0 win will do nicely and send the bus wankers home with nothing.

Its brilliant what we have done to the mentality of the league and oppositions fans. People already saying if we win on Sunday that's the league done. 5 fucking games in and people are ready to wave the white flags already. We've broken liverpool fans and are well on the way to doing the same to Arsenal fans. Get the feeling we are far more relaxed about it than Arsenal will be.
I almost agree, but I think the Dippers will be right up there too. Win one of each of our games against them and Arse and I don't see anyone taking our title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.