Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
If Gundo could have headed a ball properly tonight, we would have won by 2 goals
Gundo can head a ball properly though as he has shown plenty of times before. The fact he gets into these positions should be applauded. We have our share of " couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo" players. Gundogan is not one of them

Yes. Prepare for a display of the dark arts from the anti-fotball lot - time-wasting, feigning injury, their keeper holding on to the ball for ages, packed defence and lack of ambition.
They will have seen how we struggle to break down these defences, if they didn't already know. As someone just put it, if they score first, that'll be it.
It'll be anything but a classic, and no doubt Arteta will get all the plaudits for "outthinking" Pep.
I'm expecting a grim, grinding afternoon.
Athough our game against Arsenal 2 seasons back, when chasing them for the title and win 4-1 been one of the best by City recent years. Great goal and play from KDB and Haaland for the first goal. Maybe thats why last season they came ultra defensively and this year should be similar.

Make absolutely no mistake these are an exceptional team and we’ll need to be bang at it for the full game.

I think they’ll play very similarly to Inter. 2 banks in a low block and then look for Saka and Martinelli as the early out ball / pace option.

I’d play Walker purely to negate Martinelli’s pace.

Think we’ve looked a bit undercooked so far this season so this will be a good test to see exactly where we’re at.

Both sides would probably be happy with a draw at this very early stage in the season.

Can’t see there being much in it.

Yes. Prepare for a display of the dark arts from the anti-fotball lot - time-wasting, feigning injury, their keeper holding on to the ball for ages, packed defence and lack of ambition.
They will have seen how we struggle to break down these defences, if they didn't already know. As someone just put it, if they score first, that'll be it.
It'll be anything but a classic, and no doubt Arteta will get all the plaudits for "outthinking" Pep.
I'm expecting a grim, grinding afternoon.
My guess for an 'injury' break is 17 mins.

I'd have a 15 yard semi-circle around the managers box to stop in-game coaching/cheating during any breaks in play.

I really don't get people calling for Walker to come back in. He was a liability last year, in his ten-minute cameo against West Ham, and only a little less poor against Brentford.

Rico has kept Kudus, Pedro Neto, Rashford, and Nkunku all in his pocket in as many games, not to mention the obvious of what he brings on the ball when playing it out from the back. I really have zero clue where this idea that he's a liability defensively, but Walker somehow isn't comes from. I think dropping him would be a big mistake, but we know Pep is loyal to his guys, so we'll see.

Ederson
Lewis-Akanji-Dias-Gvardiol
Kovacic-Rodri
Bernardo-Foden-Doku
Haaland​
Id drop both and play Stones next to Rodri, move Akanji to RCB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.