Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Make absolutely no mistake these are an exceptional team and we’ll need to be bang at it for the full game.

I think they’ll play very similarly to Inter. 2 banks in a low block and then look for Saka and Martinelli as the early out ball / pace option.

I’d play Walker purely to negate Martinelli’s pace.

Think we’ve looked a bit undercooked so far this season so this will be a good test to see exactly where we’re at.

Both sides would probably be happy with a draw at this very early stage in the season.

Can’t see there being much in it.
Haaland's 9 goals has covered up a lot, as agree we havent really got going. Defence and midfield needs to shore up.

Ederson
Akanji, Stones, Dias, Gvardiol
Rodri, Bernardo
Doku, Foden, Grealish
Haaland

Draw them out if we can imo.

They showed limited attacking ambition against Spurs and will have looked at Inter's display and think that's the way to play us.

Ederson
Walker, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol
Bernardo Foden Rodri Kovacic Grealish
Haaland

A little conservative, granted, but we spent a fair bit of energy last night and can't afford to be losing the ball.

They showed limited attacking ambition against Spurs and will have looked at Inter's display and think that's the way to play us.

Ederson
Haaland

A little conservative, granted, but we spent a fair bit of energy last night and can't afford to be losing the ball.
Inter train and are coached and drilled to play like that, Arsenal aren't it's not easy just to change how they play for one game when they have only 2 days to prepare. So if they try it we'll beat them.

Ederson
Haaland

If you had watched Spurs last night you would know that Arsenal beating them was nothing fantastic.

Make absolutely no mistake these are an exceptional team and we’ll need to be bang at it for the full game.

I think they’ll play very similarly to Inter. 2 banks in a low block and then look for Saka and Martinelli as the early out ball / pace option.

I’d play Walker purely to negate Martinelli’s pace.

Think we’ve looked a bit undercooked so far this season so this will be a good test to see exactly where we’re at.

Both sides would probably be happy with a draw at this very early stage in the season.

Can’t see there being much in it.
Hmmm, got a feeling that Capt Black is going to try and out think Pep and really go for it this time.

Inter train and are coached and drilled to play like that, Arsenal aren't it's not easy just to change how they play for one game when they have only 2 days to prepare. So if they try it we'll beat them.
True, but they played like that against us all last season as well, so they're not exactly learning afresh. We managed one goal in the three performances last year, and with de Bruyne and Odegaard both likely absent, it'll be another cautious affair.

Arsenal are playing tonight at Atalanta, whether we'll rest some players I'm not sure as Atalanta are no mugs.

Against City Arsenal will for sure play a low block and start with the same team vs Spurs except Rice will come back in for Jorginho.

I reckon we'll give Martinelli 60 mins to try and break on our left flank and then bring on Raheem. We may also bring on Nwaneri for Saka as he's played too many minutes and went off with cramp against Spurs.

We have some relatively easy fixtures after we've got City out of the way and we'd absolutely take a point.

It will be a crap game to watch for the neutrals but a gripping tactical battle if you're a City/Arsenal fan.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.