Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
My worry is pep tries to shoe horn Alvarez in to the side. Love the lad but he should only ever play as a striker.
Agreed. He's not a wide player neither is he a attacking midfielder, We are so unbalanced when we try to find a place for him in the team other than a centre forward. I'm a big Alvarez fan but he's a striker and a striker only.

Absolutely. We don't hate you, we want to emulate you! Never any drama with City fans, we know we can visit the Etihad tomorrow and not have our bus trashed, coins thrown at us, fans attacked etc.
I met DT a few years ago after a game with his mates from AFTV. Told him to pipe down giving it that City are a small club with no history. He looked like he thought i was gonna punch him. He just stood there in silence listening to my wrath, the shitbag. Talked to Robbie who i thought was sound.

My worry is pep tries to shoe horn Alvarez in to the side. Love the lad but he should only ever play as a striker.

Alvarez will be on the bench 100%, He was one of the late comebacks from international duty

But long-term Pep has to find a place for him in a system where he can hurt teams and not play as a covering midfield player coming late into the box to pick up the loose ball, I think the false 9 system would work well with him

i know he did, i watched him do it. that was my point, everyone wants ake to play lb tomorrow so if pep puts gvardiol at lb and shit happens it’s gonna be pitchforks for gvardiol.
and i’m in the ake at lb camp too btw, i don’t care who plays actually, i just want 3 points. some of them are saying that rice is better than rodri. there’s no such thing as better than rodri on this entire planet.

So, your "point" is if Gvardiol plays LB and has a shit game, people will criticize him for having a shit game? Well, no shit.

The same applies to anyone else. If Jack has a bad game, he gets crap. Like Nathan, Manuel, Eddy. Even the big dogs like Erl, Ruben, and Kev aren't immune to social media/forum/general fan backlash when they have bad games, as we've seen this season. Pep gets bashed after pretty much every loss too, regardless of what he's done or hasn't done.

But, understandably to an extent, newer players who haven't quite proven themselves yet and contributed as much to our success will probably get a bit more flak than the rest. Go look at what was said about Ake and even Rod in their first seasons, for instance. (For what it's worth, I fully believe in Gvardy and think he's gonna be fantastic. He hasn't had the smoothest of first seasons, but very few players do at City under Pep.)

Why are you so intent on arguing such an obvious point that nobody even seems to be questioning? Yes, most people would probably prefer Ake to start based on past form in this fixture. Yes, if Gvardiol starts ahead of Ake and does badly, people will point that out. But if he does well, people will point that out too. There's no vendetta against Gvardiol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.