Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal side;

Raya
White, Saliba, Gabriel, Kivior
Rice
Odegaard, Jorginho
Saka, Havertz, Martinelli

Looking at that the one glaring worry from an Arsenal perspective is Kivior is a CB playing at LB. He can't invert, does well against many PL sides but isn't as composed as Tomiyasu and I reckon City will target him. Bernardo/Foden will tear him a new one so that's something for Arteta to ponder. Zinchenko is sadly a headless chicken when required to play defensively although in games against weaker opponents his ability to invert and come into midfield is useful. But he won't start. Havertz is surprisingly turning out to be an excellent signing and a handful up front/shithousery master. We can always bring on Jesus when we need to miss an easy chance and there's always Nketieh to come on if we need to miss an open goal at any point.

I get the feeling that Haaland will occupy Saliba and Alvarez could have a key role in this game playing through the lines.

Rice will play deep in this game, no way will he be box to box as he will essentially be in a dogfight with Rodri.

Hmmm looking at that line up I'm fearful to be honest. I think that Arsenal LB area (City's right side) is a disaster waiting to happen. If we had a fully match fit Thomas Partey I'd be a lot more optimistic about being able to neutralise City's midfield but since he's come back from injury he's come on twice and every time played like he was on a crystal meth comedown so he's not ready.

Last edited:
Looks like Gabriel might be out for Arsenal due to an Achilles injury. Massive loss for Arsenal if confirmed.

Martinelli also pulled out of Brazil squad as well as Jesus but they are both recovering from injury and expected to be fit for City match.

Has to be

Ortega

Walker
Dias/Akanji
Stones
Ake

Rodri
Kovacic

Bernardo
De Bruyne
Foden

Haaland

Please no shoehorning Alvarez in.
If De Bruyne isn’t fit, Grealish in.

Arsenal side;

Raya
White, Saliba, Gabriel, Kivior
Rice
Odegaard, Jorginho
Saka, Havertz, Martinelli

Looking at that the one glaring worry from an Arsenal perspective is Kivior is a CB playing at LB. He can't invert, does well against many PL sides but isn't as composed as Tomiyasu and I reckon City will target him. Bernardo/Foden will tear him a new one so that's something for Arteta to ponder. Zinchenko is sadly a headless chicken when required to play defensively although in games against weaker opponents his ability to invert and come into midfield is useful. But he won't start. Havertz is surprisingly turning out to be an excellent signing and a handful up front/shithousery master. We can always bring on Jesus when we need to miss an easy chance and there's always Nketieh to come on if we need to miss an open goal at any point.

I get the feeling that Haaland will occupy Saliba and Alvarez could have a key role in this game playing through the lines.

Rice will play deep in this game, no way will he be box to box as he will essentially be in a dogfight with Rodri.

Hmmm looking at that line up I'm fearful to be honest. I think that Arsenal LB area (City's right side) is a disaster waiting to happen. If we had a fully match fit Thomas Partey I'd be a lot more optimistic about being able to neutralise City's midfield but since he's come back from injury he's come on twice and every time played like he was on a crystal meth comedown so he's not ready.
I hope you’re right but I think you’re being harsh on your own side. Rice is a brilliant player and I think him Odegard and Saka are a very dangerous 3

Looks like Gabriel might be out for Arsenal due to an Achilles injury. Massive loss for Arsenal if confirmed.

Martinelli also pulled out of Brazil squad as well as Jesus but they are both recovering from injury and expected to be fit for City match.
Nah it’s a minor injury and definitely available for game against us. It’s just Arteta bring a ****, is that 3 players he’s withdrawn from various international squads?

Am convinced all 3 top teams will drop points before the season finishes.
Hopefully a cleansheet then the rest will look after it's self. CTID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.