Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The equivalent game this time last season after the international break vs Liverpool at home was the one that kickstarted the journey to the treble, and gave us the most surreal few weeks of our lives following this club all the way to Istanbul.

The fact that we’re even in the position of still fighting for all 3 trophies at this stage of the season after what we did last year is remarkable. Things haven’t fully clicked yet so far this season and Arsenal are an improved side vs last year and on a very good run of form - but I just have a feeling Pep and the lads will put a special performance in tomorrow. Come on the Blues!

We haven’t really performed in big games (bar the derbies) this season but tomorrow is very good time to correct matters. Stones is a big loss and Arsenal are in great form as well.

That said we have the highest ceiling of any team in the league and if anyone can set us up properly it’s Pep. If we get going we’ll should be fine. We will need big games from everyone especially Haaland, Foden and De Bruyne if we are to perform.

So, your "point" is if Gvardiol plays LB and has a shit game, people will criticize him for having a shit game? Well, no shit.

The same applies to anyone else. If Jack has a bad game, he gets crap. Like Nathan, Manuel, Eddy. Even the big dogs like Erl, Ruben, and Kev aren't immune to social media/forum/general fan backlash when they have bad games, as we've seen this season. Pep gets bashed after pretty much every loss too, regardless of what he's done or hasn't done.

But, understandably to an extent, newer players who haven't quite proven themselves yet and contributed as much to our success will probably get a bit more flak than the rest. Go look at what was said about Ake and even Rod in their first seasons, for instance. (For what it's worth, I fully believe in Gvardy and think he's gonna be fantastic. He hasn't had the smoothest of first seasons, but very few players do at City under Pep.)

Why are you so intent on arguing such an obvious point that nobody even seems to be questioning? Yes, most people would probably prefer Ake to start based on past form in this fixture. Yes, if Gvardiol starts ahead of Ake and does badly, people will point that out. But if he does well, people will point that out too. There's no vendetta against Gvardiol.
oh man i’m gonna get another round of why are you talking about gvardiol…

context: this saga started with my reply to madchester city and it was about possible positions for gvardiol if pep puts him in the starting xi. he is one of the people here that i respect a lot because we can communicate normally even if we disagree, and he wrote a reply and did not throw a tantrum. then there was the croatian rant. anyway, this is an incredibly important game and even the possibility of gvardiol playing as a lb is making people really nervous. examples: a content creator who likes gvardiol said why didn’t g get injured and not stones. another wanted to move rodri to cb to avoid gvardiol.

the backlash differs, i read all the players performance threads. i don’t have an issue with constructive criticism. it’s the other kind. like when people are saying his passing was awful and he had the best passing accuracy. some other examples: we would be winning games comfortably without gvardiol, he’s killing us the useless flop, he’s slow with his legs and his brain, we can’t keep clean sheets because of him (go check the games when he was benched or injured, you’ll be surprised), he needs to be slapped, palace game 16.12.23. his thread was on fire after that draw, some threads were silent as tombs and they shouldn’t have been., he’s too slow for a fullback and can’t cross - erm he’s a cb plus neither can the actual wingers. he doesn’t need to do bad mistakes to get crap. some city fans join with rival fans in shitting on him all the time. if he starts tomorrow every inaccurate pass will be a tragedy of epic proportions. that was my point.

and i was just curious why so many people seem to think pep would play him at cb tomorrow, you know, pre-game talk.

During your working hours? Get to work you lazy twat
you say lazy like it’s a bad thing. i’m painting my nails and manifesting the viking scoring with his hair flying in the wind while pepek the robot is vacuuming, dolce fare niente is my motto. :D

twat? if provoked. or on twitter. yes. :D

Don‘t know why Rodri came out with this.Like we are up against it and weak.
Don‘t say it as it looks like we are bothered and ruffled.
Dunno if you've read the article, but it certainly doesn't read like that at all.

He's basically just saying we've some big home games coming up, Arsenal, Villa Madrid etc and the fans will be vital in us winning all 3.

Dunno if you've read the article, but it certainly doesn't read like that at all.

He's basically just saying we've some big home games coming up, Arsenal, Villa Madrid etc and the fans will be vital in us winning all 3.
Not read it.
The title is what irks me and what the world reads.
Arse players will read that and think our players think we need assistance.
We don’t and even if we did we wouldn’t say it.
I’ll read it now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.