Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who pretends to be injured for arse after 20 minutes so they can have their little touchline huddle?
They can do that, it's not illegal.

Haaland and Dias can push in and stand there too. Or Bernardo, he'd love to wind them up like that.

Mentally they're done.

I remember Liverpool fans saying such things about us when we lost 3 league games in December 2018. More recently, Liverpool looked mentally done vs Arsenal when they went 2 goals down. Minutes later everything changed. Mentality is a subtle thing, even for top professionals.

What's predictable is that our team can put in a top performance. Trust the quality of our team. It doesn't guarantee a victory, the opposition can be lucky, etc. But it makes the victory likely.

They have the ability in the final third, what they don't have are the tools to control their emotions and anxiety.

They play high velocity football that can hurt us, but it's more high risk and that means they subconsciously know there is little margin for error.

Saka's penalty miss at West Ham smacked of someone trying to be too precise, it was in his legs and mind.

Nervous energy saps the legs of the best.

Coupled with leaking more goals at the back, they perhaps don't trust each other as much right now.

I see Arsenal as a team that was hoping to win the title, rather than someone convinced they can.

If we can score relatively early, then we have the perfect platform to win with some room to spare.

Arteta got his tactics at the Etihad spot on last season and they went man for man on our ball out from the back.

We ended up handing them their arses, helped by them having a sending off.

But we are better in every department and we just have to wait for our opportunities and let Haaland go over the top like we did in the Cup game.
Don’t forget we have changed system which should in theory have us winning the midfield which again should stop Arsenal’s passing lanes to find Saka and Martinelli.

Fatigue or ref ‘mistake’ is all that can stop us tomorrow. Hit the nail on the head when describing Arsenal. Hope more than having the right tools to win it.

I would love a commanding performance. The players must feel that this is a chance to swipe arsenals legs from under them. It would not be like them to not take it.

Kev masterclass please.

I do have a nagging feeling that the game will turn into a farce. Look how blatant we got screwed against united.

I really like the scrappy, dogged city we are seeing at the moment. It’s almost as good as watching us in full flow. Players throwing their bodies on the line, chasing and fighting. Fantastic quality to have.

Arteta and the Arsenal players must now know that a defeat on Wednesday will make it very difficult for them to win the league. He will certainly get his players fired up for the game and I can see them going hell for leather at the start to try and get an early lead.
As others have already said, no doubt he will employ the same tactics in going man for man to try and stop us playing out from the back.
If we can stop their midfield getting the ball to Saka and Martinelli that will make it difficult for them.
Hope Ake is fit and can put Saka in his pocket again.
Will be great if Kev can slide Haaland in for a couple and I feel that we will run out comfortable winners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.