Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The team mostly picks itself, really. Presuming Ake is injured it'll be Laporte, and the main question is Mahrez or Bernardo (although I'd be tempted to play Bernardo either way, so either on the wing, or in place of Gundo.
Laporte looked sharp,confident and assured yesterday albeit with not much direct pressure.

Saliba is hugely influential to their solidity,he may be rusty but we can do without him being there.
Xhaka not so much,except he may try to hurt someone.
I think Sky Sports had a stat showing Saliba's importance to Arsenal. With him playing him the win % was something like 70% and without him win % was 40 %. I don't think he will play, but if does I doubt he will be fully fit.

Last edited:
I'm more confident of beating Arsenal than I was about battering Liverpool. Mentally they're done. Wednesday will be the coup de grace

Arsenal don't have the mindset to win this game & that comes from the Manager down. Sometimes you need to alter the pace of the game & have composure on the ball but with them everything is at 100 miles ph

At the end of the day the cream will rise to the top & the title will be ours.

I think Sky Sports had a stat showing Saliba's importance to Arsenal. With him playing him the win % was something like 70% and without him win % was 40 %. I don't he will play, but if does I doubt he will be fully fit.
If he's not 100% fit I doubt lego brains will risk him for fear of a season ending injury. And do you really want to play a player not fully fit against our lot ? I also hope we wind the fuck out of Zinchenko and Jesus. They both play with their hearts on their sleeves and will retaliate in time. It's hunting season and we can smell Arsenal's 'blud'. ;-)

The only questions, who plays left back? Is Ake deffo out or was it a twinge?
Who pretends to be injured for arse after 20 minutes so they can have their little touchline huddle?
Either way, we win this late on when the space appears, no panic if they score first, they are bottle merchants.

Arsenal don't have the mindset to win this game & that comes from the Manager down. Sometimes you need to alter the pace of the game & have composure on the ball but with them everything is at 100 miles ph

At the end of the day the cream will rise to the top & the title will be ours.

They have the ability in the final third, what they don't have are the tools to control their emotions and anxiety.

They play high velocity football that can hurt us, but it's more high risk and that means they subconsciously know there is little margin for error.

Saka's penalty miss at West Ham smacked of someone trying to be too precise, it was in his legs and mind.

Nervous energy saps the legs of the best.

Coupled with leaking more goals at the back, they perhaps don't trust each other as much right now.

I see Arsenal as a team that was hoping to win the title, rather than someone convinced they can.

If we can score relatively early, then we have the perfect platform to win with some room to spare.

Arteta got his tactics at the Etihad spot on last season and they went man for man on our ball out from the back.

We ended up handing them their arses, helped by them having a sending off.

But we are better in every department and we just have to wait for our opportunities and let Haaland go over the top like we did in the Cup game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.