Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get the first goal in this it could be a battering. They’ll buckle and start trying to chase it leaving the space behind we love to play into. If they get the first then it shouldn’t overly concern us. We’ve seen recently that they throw away leads at the drop of a hat so we’re more than capable of getting back in it. I reckon we get a convincing win but even a draw would be a positive result for us as it takes it out of their hands
They always seem to start well first half then concede the 2nd. It’s the overall reffing and time added on for these atm I’m bothered about. We have to win every game to make sure. If we stay injury free I think we can do all 3 comps. If not just the 2.

Tough game for sure. Even if its 1/2 - 0 dont believe Arsenal gonna stop trying, very well coached team with few fantastic players, but mixed results lately for various reasons. Really enjoying title race and our position, fantastic form lately.

Still remember when few shameless posters hear on november/december were shitting their pants, team and coach. They do not know what reputation means, let alone care about it.
I was starting to believe that we just couldn’t get things right but how things have changed since that draw at forest. Everyone has clicked and arrived on time.

I dunno why but I don't get nervous about playing Arsenal.

I think head to head, we just have their number. I mean obviously I hope the players aren't over confident about it, and they won't be.

But they just don't worry me for some reason. Even though Liverpool are cack this season and we dicked them the other week, I'd still rather play arsenal every week than them.

Just in terms of way the the teams play and set up, I think we are a bit too much for Arsenal when we go head to head.

I just think we are better than them and it will show on the night.

With Saliba out, none of their defensive players tomorrow would start for Bayern...IF we are at our best, they'll be happy to concede only 2-3 goals.

That said, they were the better team in the FA Cup even without Saliba in the 1st half. We were out of form in that period, Rico Lewis started that game. Pep seems to have implicitly acknowledged that the Rico experiment was a bit unsuccessful, for he hasn't started an important game since Spurs away and we've been flying.

With Saliba out, none of their defensive players tomorrow would start for Bayern...IF we are at our best, they'll be happy to concede only 2-3 goals.

That said, they were the better team in the FA Cup even without Saliba in the 1st half. We were out of form in that period, Rico Lewis started that game. Pep seems to have implicitly acknowledged that the Rico experiment was a bit unsuccessful, for he hasn't started an important game since Spurs away and we've been flying.
I don't think it was unsuccessful, it was always a stop gap to get Walker and Stones fit and in form, Rico's time will come but we are in the pressure cooker now. Experience shows at this stage of the season barring injury.

not really seen arse under sustained pressure, like us, they are the ones who apply it, The last few games the signs of a side that passed it's peak are showing (to my eyes)anyway), the constant "hands in the air appeals for every little thing" begging the ref for cards to be given, the confident and arroogant strutting has all but disappeared, now they know for sure they aren't as "brilliant" as the sychophant media make out. The momentum that wins games despite not playing well has waned. City, on the other hand have form for gathering momentum at the run-in stage, in the minds of the opposition, but Pep does not rely on it, his take on it seems focused on each passage of play having momentum/rhythm, get that right and he's happy(ish).
if they get a couple of early goals all bets are off, the crowd silenced and they will be very difficult to beat, on the bright side, we just beat a much better organised BM side than the arse, we have been here before......and crossed the line first in similar circumstances. Ours to lose then :)

Wild prediction that I'll probably regret throwing out there but when we played Palace at home and we went 2 down, Pep adjusted the setup and the left back in the three was Foden. It didn't get a lot of attention because it's not been repeated but I remember Dias pulling him round like he was on a piece of string and him being in the right spot to cross for Haaland's 2nd or 3rd (the header).

Laporte would be a more conservative or conventional choice but given Saka's pace I wouldn't be surprised to see Foden in that slot tomorrow.

Given the relative form of the two sides, their first choice centre back being out and the home crowd for a night game I'd back City for the win but we have to be respectful: they're still on for a 90 point season which means they're an exceptional team. We need everyone to turn up and give a minimum 8/10 like they did at The Emirates or against Bayern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.