Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
And you can't abandon our current best 11 and formation in favour of a player who put three past a (on the day) poor championship side.

Mahrez has a lot of qualities... One on one he's the only player in the squad I 100% back to finish the chance other than haaland. But Bernardo is just flat out the better option up there in big games due to his pressing and link up play.
I'm not saying we have to play one or the other, in my opinion they should both be in the starting 11

I’d be playing Walker against Martinelli

Stones and Dias at centre back with - ideally - Aké at left back.

Remember what happened when Pep did that against Barça for Bayern?

View attachment 76553

I watched that back a few years ago and Bayern were actually fantastic for 80 minutes they were arguably the better side despite not having Robben or Ribery - if it weren’t for Messi being Messi and just turning it on from no where they would have taken a draw back to Bayern or a win if they’d taken their own chances - Lewandowski and muller botched tap ins.

I think it’s a classic case of Pep doing something brilliant - high risk but high reward - but people overlooking it because he lost when his players didn’t finish.

Last edited:
As bad as Oliver has been in many City games (who can forget the infamous Arnold handball), I do remember him blowing pretty quickly in the final game last season, which was generally attributed to Villa brazenly time wasting earlier on when they were ahead. So not exactly sure what we'll get from him. He's prob better than Madley, Atwell or Tierney -- which speaks volumes about them.
Oliver is about as bad as it gets, he never gives City a pen, was an absolute stonewall foul on Aguero by Ashley Young ignored in the game for us to win the league. You could hear the foul in level 3 East Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.