Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d be playing Walker against Martinelli

Stones and Dias at centre back with - ideally - Aké at left back.
I don't think Martinelli is good enough to warrant us changing the team that's started recently

He's quick, but doesn't have the end product that Saka has IMO

Also, Walker playing impacts us being able to play out from the back. Akanji isn't excellent at that, but he's much better than Walker.

This game will call for cool heads, I think Walker could be a liability

Also, Walker playing impacts us being able to play out from the back. Akanji isn't excellent at that, but he's much better than Walker.

This game will call for cool heads, I think Walker could be a liability

Don’t get this at all, for Peps entire tenure at City, Walker has been ever present. He’s been there for all the passing out from the back, champagne tiki taka football we’ve played for the past 7 years and he’s been there for every cup final and title decider.

PS also Martinelli has 22 G+A this season so not sure what you’d call good end product!

They will man mark us all over the pitch, making it difficult for us to play out from the back. We will have to be patient with our players while they sort that out over the first 20 mins. They did this in the cup game against us, to some effect. Can see us going long often which, of course nullifies are strengths. I am sure Pep will have a plan to overcome this.

Attachments

• IMG_20230425_230722.jpg
    IMG_20230425_230722.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 136
Don’t get this at all, for Peps entire tenure at City, Walker has been ever present. He’s been there for all the passing out from the back, champagne tiki taka football we’ve played for the past 7 years and he’s been there for every cup final and title decider.

PS also Martinelli has 22 G+A this season so not sure what you’d call good end product!
I won't be disappointed if Walker starts, I just don't think he needs to start.

Also not stating that Martinelli isn't a good player, he just isn't someone to adapt your team to from a personnel point of view. I'd probably argue that Akanji faced a tougher test up against Sane over the two legs.

Weird that you've stated that I said Martinelli didn't have a good end product, I just said I didn't think he had the end product or was as dangerous as Saka.

A statement tomorrow leads us to the promise land as I think we’ll only fail to win 1 of the remaining games and I’d take a narrow defeat/draw in Madrid if on the table now; people will shout arrogance and other factors, however, we have been built up to this moment of Uber confidence for 6 years, this will go down as the greatest side in the modern era and it’s fecking ludicrous given early season form… we now have the minerals and self belief oozing from every fibre of our DNA, put on the masterclass blues and nail these tarquin pretenders, bury them alive….

4-1, Haaland to break the scoring record with a hatrick
Spot on.

He has indeed, however, there’s definitely been more emphasis on pressing his side and boxing him in this season, which I’d guess has prompted the tweak to an extent….

His ability to transition into the middle also hampers the argument, as he invariably is unable to break the lines or find the sharp pass to play out when pressured!

Ederson

Stones
Akanji
Dias
Laporte (Ake)

Gundo
Rodri
Kev

Bernie
Haaland
Grealish
100% this will be the lineup. Very predictable this time around, and rightly so. Don't change what's not broken and all :)

He has indeed, however, there’s definitely been more emphasis on pressing his side and boxing him in this season, which I’d guess has prompted the tweak to an extent….

His ability to transition into the middle also hampers the argument, as he invariably is unable to break the lines or find the sharp pass to play out when pressured!

His play in midfield not really an issue now Stones has started coming into midfield from CB though. Akanji is basically playing the exact same role Walker did for the past 6 years in the right of a back 3 or RB in a back 4, and I'd rather see Walker's pace vs. Vinicius next week.

With no Akė who take care of Saka? The Sheffield guy on their right easily beat Sergio, who else is quick enough to take care of him??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.