Arsenal "invincibles" or Chelsea 04-05?

• Thread starter Deleted member 14625
  • Start date
I’ve been trying to think, what’s the longest City have ever gone unbeaten at the start of the season?

You’d have thought they’d have had at least one deep run, considering how dominant they’ve been over the last few years.

But I can’t recall it ever even getting to the stage where an unbeaten season was beginning to get talked about?

Suppose it’s not that surprising when you consider how Guardiola always gets the team to peak in March/ April/ May.

I’ve been trying to think, what’s the longest City have ever gone unbeaten at the start of the season?

You’d have thought they’d have had at least one deep run, considering how dominant they’ve been over the last few years.

But I can’t recall it ever even getting to the stage where an unbeaten season was beginning to get talked about?

Suppose it’s not that surprising when you consider how Guardiola always gets the team to peak in March/ April/ May.

And a number of our players are usually involved in the late stages of international tournaments so are late getting back for pre-season. I'll be very, pleasantly, surprised if we get anything from Chelsea away in the opening game.

And a number of our players are usually involved in the late stages of international tournaments so are late getting back for pre-season. I'll be very, pleasantly, surprised if we get anything from Chelsea away in the opening game.

And yet the perceived outcome is that we go into the season uncooked and start slowly.

Yet facts show, we get off to a fast start more often than not. It’s midseason where there’s normally a dip.

Chelsea were a great team in 04-05, but their 95 points has been beaten several times. Arsenal's unbeaten record hasn't been broken but the idea of league football is to get as many points as possible, and we've exceeded 90 points on a few occasions.
The big question is which record will be broken first: Unbeaten in the league, 100 points or 4 in a row? Be nice if we broken all three next season!!

The only team to beat Chelsea that season? Us. Anelka.

For me to go unbeaten and win the league is very impressive, however what we’ve seen of late dwarfs that. The centurions season will always be talked about more than the invincibles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.