Arsenal post match thread

Man city didn't deserve to lose over 90 mins, but we had a few clear cut chances and could have got four. Its your defence that shocked me the most I knew mangala was crap but not that crap... No offence meant

No offence taken , Mangala isnt very good , and unfortunately never will be , thought your defenders did well, and coped with all the pressure , it was a good game of football , not sure if that was Arsenal at their best , if it was , i dont think you will win the title , but hard to say with Sancez absent , he will make a massive difference.

Give over man.

Pep is "The" man. He will have 100% backing. Unlike Mancini, his word will be final. Unlike Pellegrini he won't be a gate keeper. The world's very best will want to play for him. How will he deal with a club captain who choses a meaningless friendly against the advice of the club who pays him, or a keeper who regularly skips training?

Man city didn't deserve to lose over 90 mins, but we had a few clear cut chances and could have got four. Its your defence that shocked me the most I knew mangala was crap but not that crap... No offence meant

You're absolutely spot on..... We didn't deserve to lose

Don't get too excited, your boys will do what they always do and bottle it when it comes to the crunch

What part was wrong?

Yes it could have been 2-0 but we didn't take those two chances and capitulated again. The only time we look interested after that to test Cech was 75 minutes onwards. No urgency whatsoever. Hart made 3 good stops at 2-0 and they put two sitters over the bar.
Yes but we also had some good chances in that second half.
OK the Navas one WTF?
I'm normally critical after a defeat but in this case I think we were mainly undone by missing a good chance on 30 mins, a wonder strike straight afterwards by Walcott and then the Mangala party piece.

You are still favs for the title and if kompany had been playing instead of mangala you would have got minimum a draw. We didn't really play well either.. Anyway I am going to depart and wish you all the best for the season... Your still the best team in the league so chin up and have a good Christmas

Thought we played ok and deserved a point.
We did I agree, and no doubt that everyone is blaming the defence for losing, but we used 6 attacking players tonight, and there wasn't a decent one amongst them, and they are the ones to blame for not getting at least a point. We used two fresh players second half who contributed f*ck all, and one who should have scored but is scared to shoot when through on goal.

The after match stats (which count for f*ck all if you can't score) had us better on virtually every one, and even Walcott said they were pretty much dead on their feet at the end, suffering from cramps etc, so basiclly they worked harder than we did, because I didn't see any of ours running on empty in the last 15 minutes.

MP saying we fought to the end is all fine and well, but we need to start fighting long before the last 20 minutes, and we didn't play badly overall, but we simply don't work hard enough as a team, had we done that tonight, we'd have at worst drawn the game, and with better finishing, won it.

PG won't stand for some of these players under performing, defence or attack.

What part was wrong?

Yes it could have been 2-0 but we didn't take those two chances and capitulated again. The only time we look interested after that to test Cech was 75 minutes onwards. No urgency whatsoever. Hart made 3 good stops at 2-0 and they put two sitters over the bar.

You didn't I was exasperated as you!

How did we lose that? The defence were magnificent! Especially Mangala. What a unfortunate turn of events: them attacking us like that. I think twice in the whole of the first half and we concede two goals. Magnificent defence. Just too much of a gap between the magnificent Mangala and illustrious other one with the beard. They looked great tonight. Not defending wise but I liked the tram line effect in the other ones hair style. Really something to behold that.

We did I agree, and no doubt that everyone is blaming the defence for losing, but we used 6 attacking players tonight, and there wasn't a decent one amongst them, and they are the ones to blame for not getting at least a point. We used two fresh players second half who contributed f*ck all, and one who should have scored but is scared to shoot when through on goal.

The after match stats (which count for f*ck all if you can't score) had us better on virtually every one, and even Walcott said they were pretty much dead on their feet at the end, suffering from cramps etc, so basiclly they worked harder than we did, because I didn't see any of ours running on empty in the last 15 minutes.

MP saying we fought to the end is all fine and well, but we need to start fighting long before the last 20 minutes, and we didn't play badly overall, but we simply don't work hard enough as a team, had we done that tonight, we'd have at worst drawn the game, and with better finishing, won it.

PG won't stand for some of these players under performing, defence or attack.

The paucity of our attacking play. The lack of quality from our so called top players is getting seriously over looked !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.