Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Offside?

First goal - I've seen the "white line" that shows Sane a toe ahead - but does anyone else think the line isn't where it should be?

Second goal - I did wonder but Silva didn't offend the new guidance as he never got close to the ball.

The new “additional guidance” to referees says that a player should be considered offside if he “clearly attempts to play a ball, which is close to him when this action impacts on an opponent” or “makes an obvious action, which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball”.

It introduces a degree of subjectivity as to the intention of the player concerned but Mike Riley, the manager of the Professional Game Match Officials Board, said that the referees would still encourage attacking play.

“It allows those decisions where morally we all thought, ‘That should be offside’, to be penalised,” he said. “It’s important to say it doesn’t mean everything is offside. Unless you meet those specific criteria we will still keep the flag down.”
Not seen the replays yet but I did see Arses goal at Burnley which was definitely offside.

Talk about that Wenger you tart.

Did we? They always looked more likely to score than us. We had a lot of possession and as so many times this season never actually threatened them other than on the two occasions you mentioned.

Always looked like scoring. What with their one shot on target? They sat off but Sterling and Yaya both had very good chances to score first half.

Yaya seems revitalized under Pep. So sublime. Bossed the midfield today. Sterling is a must play every week.

Hahahahaha 4:58 I Have he says into his hand....

just got in 1st time I've seen this think he spoke very well praised city with their injuries they were still the better side etc see nothing wrong with this well balanced impartial view

It's days like this when you realise it's worth the heartache, fantastic display power, passion, desire you name it, that second half had, so happy for all those blues in the etihad they deserve that performance happy days again, and without some top players.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.