Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Spot on Frank and Winger has little to moan about since, as a previous poster pointed out, the Arse have had the benefit of 3 very iffy goals in recent games, particularly the winner at Burnley.
The annoying thing about the Chelsea game is that had we won we would now be only one point behind the Chavs. Ifs and buts I know but people would have a very different view of our season had things gone our way in that game.

That is very true but still, on sunday, we saw our fragility at the back and I really hope we can find the solution to that either within, or in the transfer market as that could undermine all the beautiful attractive football we are playing this season.

Yes Wenger had his usual moan but in all honesty he had no reason to moan. Were talking split-second decisions and the sooner people in football realise its almost impossible for refs to get marginal decisions correct like that all the time football will be better for it. Its a deflection for their own shortcomings.

I presume it must be a club policy but since Mancini the club, has in general, kept a dignified silence instead of criticising the refs post match like Arsenal, Chelsea, United managers so often do. It is actually something I think we should be proud off.

Venga is a hypocrite moaning about these decisions

Didn't see him criticising the officials when Arsenal scored a last second winner at Burnley with a goal a mile offside (with 2 blatant handballs thrown in)

OxKos-Offside-xlarge_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqhFHFceMo2b8gdocEb2ESawkeBKzoFPkVtFCA-_SxARk.JPG

Makes complaining about the Sane decision pretty pathetic, doesn't it.

When you have to start getting the ruler out and examining it frame by frame then you know that an official can't possibly rule it out as offside.

The winner was not offside because Silva was not in Cech's line of sight until after the goal goes in. I thought Cech should have saved that but well done to Sterling for having the bottle. Three quality goals.

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but I don't agree with those that say the first half was poor, I thought we looked better going forward than against Watford, and but for one attack, the defence looked fine to me, keeping the same defence will pay dividends, both for the defence, and the keeper.

Yes we did resort to the football played side to side under MP, but in most circumstances we won playing that sort of game. I thought Sterling was excellent first half, his movement was very good, and while he missed the header, I thought he did pretty much all he could to get on the end of and direct it. I thought Yaya's header was much poorer, as he was running straight at the ball, and should at least have found the target. Overall though we were the better side first half, and then we built on it in the second, albeit after a poor opening 5 minutes, and went on to be completely dominant, with very few chances for arsenal, and plenty of good football from City.

I thought Kolarov in particular in the second half was excellent, dominating with his heading away, and getting good direction and distance on almost everyone, defensively since going back to 4, we have looked far stronger, especially since we have stopped defending so ridiculously high up the pitch, that we get caught. Fernando in front of the defence, once again showed what a decent squad player he is (though his haters will never agree).

The attacking was also far better than its been of late, and probably deserved better reward.

Lets hope we can now go on a decent run, even if we are nowhere near the finished article yet, we can still get results, even against the better sides.

Probably the most pleasing thing was having gone behind early yet again, we didn't collapse, we kept trying to play, and got our reward, because the defence wasn't so flaky, and easily got at, and if we can hold off arsenal, it begs the question why on earth were we so fragile against Leicester ?

They have bad a few offsides benefit them at ours, last year for one. If there was any doubts the ref would of blown for them as per the fa guideline. They didn't moan when Walcott was off for his missed attempt.
Greatest vision in sport after the rags getting spanked is seeing Wenger's seething loathsome misery in its full glory, love it.

The 2nd one yes. The 1st one, no, he's off.
He isn't, it says the goal was given, and will for ever more.

Why anyone is trying to prove we shouldn't have won is beyond me, we were comfortably the better side, and fully deserved the win, and as things are supposed to "even up" over a season, we are more than deserving of a little bit of luck than most, so even if it was a marginal decision, its beyond time we got one.

Haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but I don't agree with those that say the first half was poor, I thought we looked better going forward than against Watford, and but for one attack, the defence looked fine to me, keeping the same defence will pay dividends, both for the defence, and the keeper.

Yes we did resort to the football played side to side under MP, but in most circumstances we won playing that sort of game. I thought Sterling was excellent first half, his movement was very good, and while he missed the header, I thought he did pretty much all he could to get on the end of and direct it. I thought Yaya's header was much poorer, as he was running straight at the ball, and should at least have found the target. Overall though we were the better side first half, and then we built on it in the second, albeit after a poor opening 5 minutes, and went on to be completely dominant, with very few chances for arsenal, and plenty of good football from City.

I thought Kolarov in particular in the second half was excellent, dominating with his heading away, and getting good direction and distance on almost everyone, defensively since going back to 4, we have looked far stronger, especially since we have stopped defending so ridiculously high up the pitch, that we get caught. Fernando in front of the defence, once again showed what a decent squad player he is (though his haters will never agree).

The attacking was also far better than its been of late, and probably deserved better reward.

Lets hope we can now go on a decent run, even if we are nowhere near the finished article yet, we can still get results, even against the better sides.

Probably the most pleasing thing was having gone behind early yet again, we didn't collapse, we kept trying to play, and got our reward, because the defence wasn't so flaky, and easily got at, and if we can hold off arsenal, it begs the question why on earth were we so fragile against Leicester ?

I think its no coincidence that we have returned to a back four a system the players are more familiar with. It wont remove every failing back there but will certainly help.

We know Peps penchant for midfielders and controlling the game through the midfield but I do think shoehorning an additional midfielder has been to the detrimemt of the team.

In relation to Fernando in Nandos absence I would like to see Yaya play there and KDB more central as he is wasted, at times, when he moves out wide.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.