Arsenal Post Match Thread.

I would agree in regards to Leicester,however,even after the first half disaster,and once we got our shit together in the second,we had opportunity to get something out of the game.
As for Chelsea we were much the better side for the majority of that game - only poor luck,horrendous/criminal officiating and their clinical finishing being the difference - the reality is,on another day we would have been out of sight at HT and this seasons script would look very different.

Our season,so far,hasnt been half as bad as some(including plenty of our own) would have us believe.

This view that we were comprehensively beaten by the Chavs is bollocks. As FI says above if Kev scores game over imo. We played well buf very poor reffing and our wastfulness in front of goal let us down.

Probably already bee mentioned but MOTD2 is on tonight so they can get the Merseyside Derby in there. Hopefully we'll be first up, unless Everton win.

We were actually brilliant last night. One of the best performances of the season.

First of all, can I say how delighted I am with the win, although I was extremely confident going into the game and expected us to win for some reason.

But regards the 1st offside, I didn't think it was, so in an idle moment, I took a screen cap, hoping to be able to show that it was on side. But, I have failed.

Try as I might to adjust the angle of the white line below, I cannot make any adjustment that shows Sane to be on. In fact I have been quite "generous" in positioning it as below - arguably the line should lean backwards a bit more and it would be even more clear. He was offside, however marginally, but off he was. Do I care? No.

ila7pu.jpg

Last edited:
For me, and I'll admit it pains me a little to say cos I'm not his biggest fan but, Yaya was MOTM
Good for you. The man's a grade A knob but has been world class for us. He seems to be playing to his strengths now and has given up on running about too much. He'll be accommodated when appropriate and that's all he should expect.

First of all, can I say how delighted I am with the win, although I was extremely confident going into the game and expected us to win for some reason.

But regards the 1st offside, I didn't think it was, so in an idle moment, I took a screen cap, hoping to be able to show that it was on side. But, I have failed.

Try as I might to adjust the angle of the white line below, I cannot make any adjustment that shows Sane to be on. He was offside, however marginally, but off he was. Do I care? No.

ila7pu.jpg

I think the lino was a fraction behind play, so it would have looked level to him. Whatever, it was a fag paper call in any case, and Sane was still a full yard behind the routine default setting for offsides involving the rags........

Try as I might to adjust the angle of the white line below, I cannot make any adjustment that shows Sane to be on. He was offside, however marginally, but off he was. Do I care? No.

ila7pu.jpg

Venga is a hypocrite moaning about these decisions

Didn't see him criticising the officials when Arsenal scored a last second winner at Burnley with a goal a mile offside (with 2 blatant handballs thrown in) or when Sanchez was miles offside for their goal against Spurs

Even this photo is not conclusive as the initial contact with the ball could have been made a fraction of a second earlier when Sane was on

As for the 2nd goal, absolutely no way is that offside. Silva is about 2 foot away from the ball and doesn't impede the keepers view

Try as I might to adjust the angle of the white line below, I cannot make any adjustment that shows Sane to be on. In fact I have been quite "generous" in positioning it as below - arguably the line should lean backwards a bit more and it would be even more clear. He was offside, however marginally, but off he was. Do I care? No.

ila7pu.jpg
Well it may have been offside, but it was a very close call, and I thought the rule was that if there is any doubt don't give the offside. That was exactly how the ref acted and I find that fully correct.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.