Arsenal Post Match Thread.

So near, and yet so far, but part of me thinks a little less caution and trusting Kompany with Stones, and giving Zab more time would have given us the points. It took a while for Pep to realise why Hart would have been better than Bravo, now he needs to give Kompany a chance, but with Chelsea next, who knows? For me this was the third waste of two valuable points in a row, I think it is all in the head, one more goal against Stoke, Monaco, Liverpool and Arsenal, which in every case was entirely within our grasp, would have made such a difference to the next few weeks, I wonder if Pep is really convinced about the potential of the players he already had at his disposal at the start of the season?

Yep I'd agree , some big big decisions to make has Pep

Pep will sort it, he's had 12 months with the team, he knows who isn't going to cut it, 4 hungry players in that team we have will transform us, he can only work with the players he has and for now some aren't good enough...FOR NOW...
2 off those are already signed but on the treatment table

Guess Wembley will be half full for the Semi-Final after that showing.
Arse were there for taking but City do not have the players to play 'Pep's Way '.

He half pulls out of tackles , his passing was fucking shocking at times today , Aguero gets lambasted for allegedly not performing to Peps standards , well Kevin is nowhere near good enough in certain aspects of his game for a real Pep player- he deserves stick for it tbh, every time he loses the ball he ambles back half speed.

It's a team of prima donnas, they think they've fucking made it signing for City.

Unfortunately, that's the problem. Some players have a real winning mentality and work ethos but others just show up, think the odd great pass here and there is enough and that's all you have to do. he isn't alone either! Since we signed the mainstay of our side, A hungry Kompany, Zab, silva and Aguero and point to prove Toure, too many of our "big" signings have been like this.

The same ones that had a problem with Mancini? The same ones that failed to perform with a laid back manager like Pellegrini because he was too nice?
I few weeks ago I was talking to someone who said the players love pep and would walk through glass for him!

Lol. Yes Navas and Dihno was the problem today surely. Its not like it was the 12 year experienced LB that didn't move up with the defense line or Yaya and Debryune on the other.

Navas was one of our better player in the night. In spite of picking up an early yellow.

. And what does this performance have to do with Dihno's excellent performance the last time out?

I get it. You have you believe and even if the facts don't agree with it, you'll push it anyway. Carry on. You have a supporter in pudge who was pushing that narrative hard on the game thread.

Navas won more ball than any other player on the park and as many key passes as any other player.

Pep will sort it, he's had 12 months with the team, he knows who isn't going to cut it, 4 hungry players in that team we have will transform us, he can only work with the players he has and for now some aren't good enough...FOR NOW...
Really?? I keep hearing what a great manager Pep is but not seen any evidence of that so far. We've been bang average all season and almost every time we get an opportunity, like today, we blow it. Some of his decisions are pretty mystifying and I'm yet to be convinced, e.g. the whole goalkeeper fiasco, the stupid insistence on playing out from the back, the total lack of defensive understanding, the Toure fiasco, the way he over complicates everything and confuses the fook out of everyone etc etc. Yet apparently it's all ok cos it's Pep and he'll sort it all out next season.

We are lacking guts, belief, heart, conviction, some leaders and physicality. We play ok in patches but we never seem to carry it on, to grab games by the scruff of the neck, to die for the cause. We lack that nasty, snarling fight, that arrogance, that swagger that all great teams have. We have a few coasters who think one good pass and run now and then is ok, they need to graft and just refuse to be bettered and bullied and beaten. Too nice and mentally and at times physically weak. You know going into these games how they will pan out it is so frustrating. Major surgery needed close season with some mental strength and courage as important as skill in the new additions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.