Arsenal Post Match Thread.

I few weeks ago I was talking to someone who said the players love pep and would walk through glass for him!
A few weeks ago as well? Maybe someone's having a windup on City fans there making stories up haha.

I dunno it wasn't great today but hardly a disaster, we looked scared to commit to attack for fear of conceding at the other end and we looked leggy all over the pitch, it's not the first time our players have come back from international duty like that, luckily Arsenal looked worse in that respect in some periods of that game.

Dont like to give out but Pep he is a brilliant coach won everything he could as a coach but today it was like the team was on there summer holidays to me. Go to win the fucking game go at it and go for it. We lacked a lot today no real tempo passing at times were shocking Yaya poor at times on the ball. Sterling going off as a tactical move surprising to bring Yaya on. No forward player on the bench too to come on.

Aguero , KDB , YAYA all looked out on there feet at times during the game. The defence we all know its a shambles but fuck me to concede from a set piece is really really bad not picking up the runner crazy. Arsenal were there for the taking points dropped again.

1 more thing ref another game were we should of had a penalty yet not given. I was happy to see Pep coming out and complaining about it. It is those decisions we have not had in this run could you imagine we got both in the last 2 games leading to 2 goals its a extra 4 points and a different type of game on Wednesday. I wouldnt be shocked if we do turn Chelsea over its coming our luck has to change again.

I still rate De bruyne very highly and believe he will be a leader in the team for the foreseeable future. At the moment though he's just shot of confidence and belief in himself and has become a big liability in the team for the position he plays and doesn't produce those moments like he did for the first goal enough to compensate for that. He's been like this for a good month or two now and its starting to get really troubling.

Sterling as well for the first half applied himself poorly. Normally you would rarely fault him for a lack of effort even when he doesn't perform but his application today was really not good enough. He was at fault more than navas for most of the chances that were being conceded in the first half as he offered no help at all. I'm willing to guess he's still carrying a bit of fatigue from the international break otherwise he needs a talking to.

With all that being said he still was clean through in behind twice when both times the pass to him by silva and de bruyne respectively were overhit and took him wide. His runs were still a threat in behind for them in that half. That threat was basically non-existent in the second half and it was left to navas to fashion chances for the team and apart from one good cross to aguero nothing else came from that side as de bruyne offered nothing there. Nolito should've been on for sterling and swapped wings with sane. He couldn't have been any worse than de bruyne on that side.

I still rate De bruyne very highly and believe he will be a leader in the team for the foreseeable future. At the moment though he's just shot of confidence and belief in himself and has become a big liability in the team for the position he plays and doesn't produce those moments like he did for the first goal enough to compensate for that. He's been like this for a good month or two now and its starting to get really troubling.

Sterling as well for the first half applied himself poorly. Normally you would rarely fault him for a lack of effort even when he doesn't perform but his application today was really not good enough. He was at fault more than navas for most of the chances that were being conceded in the first half as he offered no help at all. I'm willing to guess he's still carrying a bit of fatigue from the international break otherwise he needs a talking to.

With all that being said he still was clean through in behind twice when both times the pass to him by silva and de bruyne respectively were overhit and took him wide. His runs were still a threat in behind for them in that half. That threat was basically non-existent in the second half and it was left to navas to fashion chances for the team and apart from one good cross to aguero nothing else came from that side as de bruyne offered nothing there. Nolito should've been on for sterling and swapped wings with sane. He couldn't have been any worse than de bruyne on that side.
Again this is on Pep. Silva should be the one playing deep and Debryune next to Aguero or out wide and Setting next to Aguero. Why Pep has continued to play him deeper is beyond me. Silva controls the play better and Keg is a better shooter and quick release creator which means swapping them will make a huge difference.

A few weeks ago as well? Maybe someone's having a windup on City fans there making stories up haha.

I dunno it wasn't great today but hardly a disaster, we looked scared to commit to attack for fear of conceding at the other end and we looked leggy all over the pitch, it's not the first time our players have come back from international duty like that, luckily Arsenal looked worse in that respect in some periods of that game.
I

i was being ironic, so easy to say these negative things, without any objective evidence of said negative. The football we play is very good, would some of the moaners prefer the turgid fare being served up at the swamp. The tactics of the rags away to a good side is to kick fuck out of them, knowing, the refs will be kind to the biggest club on earth

Average performance or not ref does his job we get a penalty at the end and Yaya slots it in securing us the 3 points. That's Arsenal, Cheslsea, Liverpool and Spuds where we should have had the win if the useless refs could do their fucking jobs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.