Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: Wenger : the fiasco ?

Mancio said:
jimharri said:
Let's be honest; we can't really have a pop at anyone for not winning a trophy for five whole seasons, can we?

then , you are ready to not win nothing in the next five seasons ?
Point taken, of a sort. But you know full well what I meant. We're not in a position to have a dig at anyone who hasn't won a trophy for x seasons.

MancM13 said:
Mancio said:
then , you are ready to not win nothing in the next five seasons ?

I'm sure Arsenal plan to win things in the next five seasons as well. I think you should spend that time practicing your grammar.

my grammar is hopeless mate . more or less as it is without hope Arsenal until Wenger will be saked.

As an Arsenal fan have to say i'm happy with the job Wenger does, We have perhaps 2 or 3 years left till we are debt free so as long as we win a trophy in that time even if it is the mickey mouse cup i'll be happy. And that we continue to qualify for the champions league.

I think we are starting to see a changing ofthe guard in terms of the big 4. It was Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Get a feeling that if Man U don't spend (and replace giggs, scholes, neville and van der sar with world class players next year they will struggle) That's £60m that needs to be spent to replace that talent. depends it the glaziers will invest.

Can see the New Big 4 being City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spuds. It is the investment into City and Chelsea that has stopped Arsenal dominating winning trophies and perhaps dominating with United for the past 5 years.

I'm just happy that we have achieved our success without a sugar daddy (and i'm sure you'd all prefer that City achieved the success their having now without he Sheik's help). 3 years time we will be debt free and able to spend £20-30M a season if needs be and still turn over a decent profit.

It's not a 'fiasco' for Wenger it's common sense a club that lives beyond its' means will end up like Leeds, Portsmouth and now Liverpool. Wenger runs the club as a business as well as a football team. I think his long term vision was to make us debt free and banking a decent profit from year to year with a pot to spend large amounts if we then needed to. Problem is that these billionaires have come into the sport and taking the advantage that Wenger was forseeing.

tweetstreet said:
As an Arsenal fan have to say i'm happy with the job Wenger does, We have perhaps 2 or 3 years left till we are debt free so as long as we win a trophy in that time even if it is the mickey mouse cup i'll be happy. And that we continue to qualify for the champions league.

I think we are starting to see a changing ofthe guard in terms of the big 4. It was Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool. Get a feeling that if Man U don't spend (and replace giggs, scholes, neville and van der sar with world class players next year they will struggle) That's £60m that needs to be spent to replace that talent. depends it the glaziers will invest.

Can see the New Big 4 being City, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spuds. It is the investment into City and Chelsea that has stopped Arsenal dominating winning trophies and perhaps dominating with United for the past 5 years.

I'm just happy that we have achieved our success without a sugar daddy (and i'm sure you'd all prefer that City achieved the success their having now without he Sheik's help). 3 years time we will be debt free and able to spend £20-30M a season if needs be and still turn over a decent profit.

It's not a 'fiasco' for Wenger it's common sense a club that lives beyond its' means will end up like Leeds, Portsmouth and now Liverpool. Wenger runs the club as a business as well as a football team. I think his long term vision was to make us debt free and banking a decent profit from year to year with a pot to spend large amounts if we then needed to. Problem is that these billionaires have come into the sport and taking the advantage that Wenger was forseeing.

I do not want to disappoint you but my feeling is that this year's team that will remain outside the top 4 will be just the arsenal.

I see
City
Chelsea
scum
spuds

Mancio said:
and if (IF , but probable) arsenal dont win today they will be OUT the EPL run also this season.
I'm afraid that's just ridiculous.

Wenger has kept Arsenal in the top 4 AND helped them pay off the stadium in no time at all. He's done a fantastic job. They're in a great position now to take full advantage of their strong revenues and kick on.

As long as we stay relatively injury free we should finish 3rd. We need to get points against united and chelsea though.

van persie back soon, our defence is what worries me though so we#ll just have to adopt the score 3 more than you policy.

City 2nd but will push Chelsea this season, Those 2 will likely have stretched a 7 point gap by Xmas i think

Mancio said:
MancM13 said:
I'm sure Arsenal plan to win things in the next five seasons as well. I think you should spend that time practicing your grammar.

my grammar is hopeless mate . more or less as it is without hope Arsenal until Wenger will be saked.

I can't stand Arsenal but they will most definitely be in contention as long as Wenger is manager.

MancM13 said:
Mancio said:

I can't stand Arsenal but they will most definitely be in contention as long as Wenger is manager.

in contention for what ? the fifth spot ? LOL

Dubai Blue said:
Wenger has kept Arsenal in the top 4 AND helped them pay off the stadium in no time at all. He's done a fantastic job. They're in a great position now to take full advantage of their strong revenues and kick on.

Very much this, he has done an incredible job of keeping Arsenal in the mix considering that he has never spent big to replace key players over the past 5 years. He is one eyed and loyal to Arsenal to a fault, which pisses off other fans but who can blame him, he is doing whats right for his club.

I bumped into him in Manchester a few years ago just outside Live Bait Restaurant the night before Arsenal played the scum. I wished him well for the game and he must have stopped to talked for about 2 or 3 minutes. He had a lot of good things to say about city (under Sven at the time) and the football we were playing, thought we were 3 or 4 players short of having an excellent side. On first impressions he came across as a very decent man.

The only thing that bugs me about Wenger is the myth that he doesn't spend a lot of money and likes to nurture talent. How much was the likes of Henry, Wilthord, Reyes etc compared to what most other clubs spend.

Over the years Wenger has spent an absolute shit load on players and when we were nurturing players through our academies, Wenger was picking up all the best talent for a pretty penny. I have no problem with that but he seems to have a lot to say about other clubs spending big yet we never cried that it was unfair. A real expert would say that the time they stopped winning things was when money got tight with the new stadium but that said his teams play some beautiful football and his spats with baconface were always enjoyable.

Meanwhile lets just enjoy the latest kids he's nurtured like Ramsey, Walcott, Nasri etc who all cost more than 10m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.