Arsenal thread 2011/12

Re: Wenger : the fiasco ?

I'm just happy that we have achieved our success without a sugar daddy (and I'm sure you'd all prefer that City achieved the success their having now without he Sheik's help). 3 years time we will be debt free and able to spend £20-30M a season if needs be and still turn over a decent profit.

Personally, no, this doesn't bother me. If we had achieved a revival by other means (like being in the right place to maximise the riches that came with PL and Euro comps, or having had an over-achieving manager, or just not having Peter Swales!) then fine, but that wasn't the way it went. All clubs have something to be proud of, for Arsenal it's 'organic' growth (which I think is part hype). If that was us I would be proud of it as well, but we have plenty of other things to be proud of and I don't see a very good owner, who happens to be rich, as the stigma 'sugar daddy' some outsiders might.
About the only thing I really envy about Arsenal is the quality of the football, but we're about to catch you up!

Without Wenger Arsenal would of been financially fucked through the stadium building, he did something that even the great managers would of struggled to do

The reason he's managing his team like this is because of the economic constraints at the club though, I'm guessing it's the orders he gets from above, plus he has a degree in economics, so he's always going to be mindful of it. At City or any club with more money than Arsenal basically, I think he'd be winning things again. I doubt he will win anything more at Arsenal before he retires though. In about 5 years though a debt-free Arsenal with all their revenue to spend, will be a force to contend with. I don't think Wenger will be there then so it's important they replace him well.

hate them in some form but have to admit I believe Wenger is a great overall manager.

i would go to say if he were to manage the rags, he'd won a few silvers AND still manage to have a decent financial stance.

as an overall manager, meaning not just winning trophies, i rate him higher than baconface.

southern muppet said:
The reason he's managing his team like this is because of the economic constraints at the club though, I'm guessing it's the orders he gets from above, plus he has a degree in economics, so he's always going to be mindful of it. At City or any club with more money than Arsenal basically, I think he'd be winning things again. I doubt he will win anything more at Arsenal before he retires though. In about 5 years though a debt-free Arsenal with all their revenue to spend, will be a force to contend with. I don't think Wenger will be there then so it's important they replace him well.

Which is my point exactly, Anybody have any idea how much the current Arsenal squad costs, I'll hazzard it's over 150m which is hardly frugal.

a manager who has enough money to keep fabregas and does not have enough to buy a goalkeeper and two defenders is a great manager ? ridiculous.

what's the hold fabregas and complain that you do not have money? as a mother who has no money to buy milk but it takes a gem.

cheekybids said:
southern muppet said:

Which is my point exactly, Anybody have any idea how much the current Arsenal squad costs, I'll hazzard it's over 150m which is hardly frugal.

Thats what they worth but they never forked that out

Fabregas, Clichy, Wilshere, Eboue all free or nominal fees
Van Pesie cost about £5 million,Song also the same price, Walcott probably the most expensive signing at £12 million. So thats 7 first team members at a combined cost of £22 million + some nominal fees for the youngsters

Mancio said:
a manager who has enough money to keep fabregas and does not have enough to buy a goalkeeper and two defenders is a great manager ? ridiculous.

what's the hold fabregas and complain that you do not have money? as a mother who has no money to buy milk but it takes a gem.

He's an idiot for not getting in a better keeper to replace Almunia, who's clearly shit and a liability for them most of the time. He did buy some defenders though, Koscielny and Squillaci in recent close seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.