Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
mac said:
Fook me, the French mard arse wenger moaning about on loan players,getting his excuses in early.come on everton.

not really, he has a very valid point.

it is totally unfair for clubs to be able to buy player which they then loan to other clubs who then do damage to every team apart from their parent club.

surely you can see that by everton having lukaku, who lets say is playing very well and scores against us, but yet can't play against chelsea, is an unfair advantage?

wenger made it very clear that he has no problems with the loan system, but the loan players should be playing against their parent clubs.

afc16 said:
mac said:
Fook me, the French mard arse wenger moaning about on loan players,getting his excuses in early.come on everton.

it is totally unfair for clubs to be able to buy player which they then loan to other clubs who then do damage to every team apart from their parent club.

surely you can see that by everton having lukaku, who lets say is playing very well and scores against us, but yet can't play against chelsea, is an unfair advantage?

wenger made it very clear that he has no problems with the loan system, but the loan players should be playing against their parent clubs.

Can't see how a player could be allowed to play against the club that owns them. The question of integrity would surely raise its head. What if the player had a stinker or gave away a penalty. It wouldn't be in their interest to score the winning goal and possibly deny their parent club the title or knock them out of a cup.

NoahCity said:
Their title to lose for this season, us and Chelsea aren't consistent enough and Pool don't have the depth to last the season.

Not sure that they have the strength in depth to overcome injuries or suspensions, but right now i agree it's their title to lose, but their is still a long way to go and even Everton, Spurs are still in with a chance, if we get it together away from home then we have a very good chance.

afc16 said:
mac said:

Gotta agree with you there.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
afc16 said:
mac said:

I agree with him as well, far to many clubs abuse the system it's been happening in the championship for years

Ducado said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
afc16 said:

I agree with him as well, far to many clubs abuse the system it's been happening in the championship for years

Maybe they should set limit for a season and a limit over a number of seasons.

In the case of lukaku, he didn't play against Chelsea but everton still won so it hasn't given Chelsea an advantage this season.

Usually when wenger starts questioning things its when he is warming up to a sustained race whether its for the title or for 4th, its his way of deflecting the attention from his players and onto himself. I guess we are reaching the point where it is no longer too early anymore.

AwayDay said:
In the case of lukaku, he didn't play against Chelsea but everton still won so it hasn't given Chelsea an advantage this season.

Usually when wenger starts questioning things its when he is warming up to a sustained race whether its for the title or for 4th, its his way of deflecting the attention from his players and onto himself. I guess we are reaching the point where it is no longer too early anymore.

Well he's certainly started early this time. It's a long run from here to the title or 4th place.

NoahCity said:
Piegilles said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
totally agree

Talk about knee jerk reactions, as much as I'd like to think the title is a shoe in for us, you can't make any such assumptions after 14 games. Just ridiculous. City have in my view, by far and away the strongest squad. That is what will count over 38 games.

We are hugely dependent on keeping key players fit. It's no coincidence we lost to Man U when Mertesacker went sick. If we lose Giroud, and despite Super Nic's goal in midweek, we will struggle. Now Flamini is out again. I just hope we can continue our good run to challenge at the business end of the season.
our squad really isn't that strong, no depth in central midfield after Yaya and Fernandinho, very reliant on Kompany in central defence. Those two areas could really kill us. Arsenal have Flamini, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Rosicky and Diaby (although he is never fit) for central midfield and attacking midfield (there is also Gnabry, Podolski and Walcott for AM/winger positions). Arsenal seem like the only ones that can grind out results, wish we could cause then we could actually go on a decent run of results (we still could if we win next Saturday).

Fair point.

Arguably, across the piece we are stronger than most when it comes to midfield.

But, up front and central defence, maybe a bit threadbare. Injuries to the wrong players at the wrong time is our Achilles heel. We don't have your strength in depth.

Anyway, whatever, might we just for a second stand back and acknowledge what a crazy fantastic season this so far promises to be?

I mean, Stoke beating the Chavs 3-2 and Man U wallowing mid table?

Who'd have thought it, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.