Not open for further replies.
adrianr said:
The Pink Panther said:
Arsenal's next four games

Home vs an in form Everton
Away vs Napoli
Away vs Us
Home vs Chelsea

I think after those we will surely see if they have the credentials to win the league, especially with having the tricky away CL tie in the middle

That is a very tough list, and if they picked up full points from that even I'd be a convert, but it was never the big games at this stage I saw them dropping points. Mid winter, underestimate a couple of the away days to smaller teams, rack up a few draws, pressure mounts.. Basically what happened to us in our title season. We came back against all odds, but many things had to align for that to happen and we were only up against one side. They're going to have Chelsea and us.

this season we've been very focussed against the lesser sides which is why we have such a good record against them compared to city/chelsea/utd.

no longer am i worried about us being complacent or going through the motions thinking we just have to turn up to win.

im definitely more worried about the bigger games. i think being top has given us a lot of confidence, and it will only take a couple of bad results against city/chelsea for us to be 2/3rd.

Their title to lose for this season, us and Chelsea aren't consistent enough and Pool don't have the depth to last the season.

NoahCity said:
Their title to lose for this season, us and Chelsea aren't consistent enough and Pool don't have the depth to last the season.

Its hardly "ours" to lose yet....not even 15 games gone.

Tomorrow is a massive game though and I cant wait to get there. If we win it will give us a cushion which will mean we can afford to lose against man city and Chelsea and stay very much in contention.
If we do however beat man city and Chelsea, only then will the title be ours to lose with such a huge gap, but I cant see that happening.

We are serious challengers though, that is for sure, everyone is expecting us to fail due to weaknesses which seem to be more evident in their sides than ours. The title race may end up being a 2 horse one like most seasons. I think Chelsea will fall away as they do every season.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
NoahCity said:

totally agree

Talk about knee jerk reactions, as much as I'd like to think the title is a shoe in for us, you can't make any such assumptions after 14 games. Just ridiculous. City have in my view, by far and away the strongest squad. That is what will count over 38 games.

We are hugely dependent on keeping key players fit. It's no coincidence we lost to Man U when Mertesacker went sick. If we lose Giroud, and despite Super Nic's goal in midweek, we will struggle. Now Flamini is out again. I just hope we can continue our good run to challenge at the business end of the season.

Don't think it's too much of a surprise that arsenal have proved the most consistent team at the start of the season given that they are the only club out of the top teams not to have changed their manager. We just have to make sure we stay in to over xmas at come the new year pressure, injuries, champions league, suspensions, etc. All come into play.

Massive game for us tomorrow. Today's results were fantastic from our POV, surprised by all of them.

Everton will be a very tough game but I think we can get the win.

I'm actually very optimistic about the forthcoming fixtures.

My worry is the mass hysteria that will set in if we are still top come Jan/Feb. It won't just be success starved Gooner hordes. It will be the media fawning over Arsene's "miracle" and pretty much every neutral in the country.

In recent years public sentiment was fairly balanced between ABUs and those who despise the "oil" clubs. That wouldn't be the case with an Arsenal challenge (with the obvious exception of Spurs fans).

I can see this ending like Newcastle's title challenge under Keegan where they finally buckled under pressure and chucked it away.

I hope I'm wrong.

Piegilles said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
NoahCity said:

totally agree

Talk about knee jerk reactions, as much as I'd like to think the title is a shoe in for us, you can't make any such assumptions after 14 games. Just ridiculous. City have in my view, by far and away the strongest squad. That is what will count over 38 games.

We are hugely dependent on keeping key players fit. It's no coincidence we lost to Man U when Mertesacker went sick. If we lose Giroud, and despite Super Nic's goal in midweek, we will struggle. Now Flamini is out again. I just hope we can continue our good run to challenge at the business end of the season.
our squad really isn't that strong, no depth in central midfield after Yaya and Fernandinho, very reliant on Kompany in central defence. Those two areas could really kill us. Arsenal have Flamini, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Ozil, Cazorla, Rosicky and Diaby (although he is never fit) for central midfield and attacking midfield (there is also Gnabry, Podolski and Walcott for AM/winger positions). Arsenal seem like the only ones that can grind out results, wish we could cause then we could actually go on a decent run of results (we still could if we win next Saturday).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.