Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
stony said:
Statt0 said:
Gillespie said:
A little harsh there, I think. I don't think he was suggesting you had the title won. He is basically stating the bleeding' obvious which is that City are hot favourites to win the title.

I'd say the relative probabilities are around:

City 60%
Chelsea 25%
Arsenal 10%
Others 5%

If the betting markets are a good barometer of probability the position is not as clear. Converting odds to probability:

City 44%
Chelsea 19%
Arsenal 18%
Liverpool 10%
United 7%
Everton/Others 2%

Chelsea are being seriously overlooked.

And then some.. They've only got us to play away from home out of the top 6 haven't they?

However, I wouldn't put the rags chances at 7% either, so what do I know!

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
Gillespie said:
http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/arsene-wenger-rejects-claim-manchester-6458570?

Well, here is something to cheer the heart of Wreckless Eric

Wenger is taking the pressure off City by downplaying their chances

Happy now? :^)

It's not about being happy or not happy. We're just saying that the term It's our to lose is rubbish.
And SuperCrystal, yes I do think we are good enough, but that doesn't mean we will. But that
wasn't what was being argued. We were arguing the statement that 'The Title is ours to Lose",
is shite.
We will agree to disagree. I fully agree that certain people in the media and some managers are using that line to put added pressure on the team, but I still agree with it. I think some City fans on the other hand are down playing their chances so that they won't be criticised if they fail to win the league. Last year nobody was making comments like the title was City's to lose and nobody will be making such comments next year. Let's agree to disagree.

Big win for Arsenal with so many players injured. Good to see Bendtner get the goal. He gets a lot of stick, but as a big man to hit, he is a great and can play a bit. He is not a bad option to have, though he is not as good as he thinks he is.

Really disappointed Cardiff didn't get a draw today . Still think they will fade away come the end of the season .

Left early, missed the goals !! I could hear the roar outside as the library came to life.

We just have to hang in there as long as possible because city and chelsea seem to have hit top form.

Gillespie said:
Inter Me Nan said:
Theo out for 6 months.

I feel sorry for him. He'll miss the World Cup too.

Tragic for the lad.
That's a hard blow, especially given the location. A Brazil World Cup must be every player's dream. I too feel sorry for him. It will also make England even more predictable, not that I'm too bothered about that tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.