Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
adrianr said:
Markt85 said:
Arsenal look really tasty this season. Funny how the gooner fans were all calling for Wengers head after that Villa defeat

Ramsey really has improved.
Walcott will always get slagged off but always assisting or scoring. Class player
And Ozil is pure class.
Giroud needs to stay fit for the whole season if Arsenal are really gonna challenge.

Challenge for what? Certainly not the league.

While I'm pretty sure we won't actually win the league, it isn't ridiculous to think we could put in a decent challenge for it. After all, we've won 15 out of our last 18 games with just 1 defeat. There are better teams in the league but I think it will be a very open season.

AFC14 said:
adrianr said:
Markt85 said:
Arsenal look really tasty this season. Funny how the gooner fans were all calling for Wengers head after that Villa defeat

Ramsey really has improved.
Walcott will always get slagged off but always assisting or scoring. Class player
And Ozil is pure class.
Giroud needs to stay fit for the whole season if Arsenal are really gonna challenge.

Challenge for what? Certainly not the league.

While I'm pretty sure we won't actually win the league, it isn't ridiculous to think we could put in a decent challenge for it. After all, we've won 15 out of our last 18 games with just 1 defeat. There are better teams in the league but I think it will be a very open season.
Good first team, not got strength in depth though

AFC14 said:
mike channon´s windmill said:
AFC14 said:
The same Daily Mail article where the agent's fee came from also stated later on that the actual fee paid by Arsenal was £1.5 million.

Just for comparison, your transfers from the January and Summer transfer windows in 2012 saw a £10.5m spend on agent fees for the following players:

Jack Rodwell (£12m), Scott Sinclair (£8m), Maicon (undisclosed), Matija Nastasic (undisclosed), Javi Garcia (£16m), David Pizarro (loan), Richard Wright (free)

We don´t pay agents fees pal against club policy so that´s BS

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2012-13/dec/premier-league-release-agents-fees-nov-2012.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news ... -2012.html</a>

The Premier League has published details of its clubs' payments to agents from the period 1 October 2011 to 30 September 2012.

During this period a total of £77,003,130 was spent by the 20 Premier League clubs on agents.

The amounts shown include payments made by clubs on behalf of players and there were 806 transactions during the specified period, although not all of these will have attracted an agent's fee.

The Premier League agreed in June 2008 that from season 2009/10 onwards each club would publish, on 30 November each season, the total amount it paid to authorised agents during the period 1 October of the previous year to 30 September of that year (encompassing the two transfer windows).
Arsenal £5,580,873
Aston Villa £2,730,539
Chelsea £6,490,382
Everton £3,092,891
Fulham £2,581,208
Liverpool £8,600,444
Manchester City £10,537,982
Manchester United £3,681,580
Newcastle United £3,485,503
Norwich City £1,248,725
Queens Park Rangers £6,818,688
Reading £2,167,833
Southampton £646,106
Stoke City £1,717,266
Sunderland £2,173,762
Swansea City £1,100,845
Tottenham Hotspur £6,595,905
West Bromwich Albion £1,341,301
West Ham United £4,436,992
Wigan Athletic £1,974,305
TOTAL £77,003,130
Sorry let me rephrase - we refuse to pay massive one off payments to bloodsucking scumbags such as the agents for Hazard and Isco who tried to dry bum rape us at the final hour. I imagine the same types who brokered the Ozil deal. The figures you quote are the normal percentages agreed by most clubs for most transfers. Le Arse would appear , after a lengthy period of austerity in these matters , have joined the likes of Barca , Madrid and Chavs in giving in to the demands of these leeches.

With all due respect, Liverpool love playing this card. Your form over those games includes a whopping great rest called summer.

If you only concentrated on the league, literally only the league, sod off the CL (which you can't, because the money is more important to your board than winning the league), sod the FA Cup, sod the league cup - you may be in with a shout providing you don't pick up any serious injuries. But you'd still have to get past the rags, with a much better squad, Chelsea with Mourinho, and us.

Depends of course what you mean by challenge, but I'd say with five games to go no one will have Arsenal down as league candidates.

mike channon´s windmill said:
Sorry let me rephrase - we refuse to pay massive one off payments to bloodsucking scumbags such as the agents for Hazard and Isco who tried to dry bum rape us at the final hour. I imagine the same types who brokered the Ozil deal. The figures you quote are the normal percentages agreed by most clubs for most transfers. Le Arse would appear , after a lengthy period of austerity in these matters , have joined the likes of Barca , Madrid and Chavs in giving in to the demands of these leeches.

I fail to see how a £1.5m fee is not a normal percentage of a £42.5m transfer, from those figures it seems pretty reasonable.

adrianr said:
With all due respect, Liverpool love playing this card. Your form over those games includes a whopping great rest called summer.

If you only concentrated on the league, literally only the league, sod off the CL (which you can't, because the money is more important to your board than winning the league), sod the FA Cup, sod the league cup - you may be in with a shout providing you don't pick up any serious injuries. But you'd still have to get past the rags, with a much better squad, Chelsea with Mourinho, and us.

Depends of course what you mean by challenge, but I'd say with five games to go no one will have Arsenal down as league candidates.

If we can hit 80 points then I would consider us to have put up a reasonable challenge, we haven't managed that since 07/08.

I'd say Arsenal are in with a shout of winning the league. They must be up there in January and bring in another striker.

They won't win the league but it wouldn't surprise me if they finish top 3, and within 10 points of the winners.

AFC14 said:
Just for comparison, your transfers from the January and Summer transfer windows in 2012 saw a £10.5m spend on agent fees for the following players:

Jack Rodwell (£12m), Scott Sinclair (£8m), Maicon (undisclosed), Matija Nastasic (undisclosed), Javi Garcia (£16m), David Pizarro (loan), Richard Wright (free)

Wow,if the above is factual I feel even sicker.Regarding that shambles,I honestly didn't think it could have been any worse,it seems it was.......

What the fuck were we thinking??

FantasyIreland said:
AFC14 said:

Wow,if the above is factual I feel even sicker.Regarding that shambles,I honestly didn't think it could have been any worse,it seems it was.......

What the fuck were we thinking??

They are the figures from the Premier League but I thought the percentage was too high so I did some more research. I missed an important point, agent fees are also paid for contract renewals. In that period Mancini, Silva and Kompany signed new long term deals. This business makes the fee seem more reasonable although I'd still guess that a significant chunk of that £10.5m figure was paid to the agents involved with the signing of new players.

I think Arsenal can put up a good title challenge providing key players stay fit. They have arguably looked the most convincing of all teams over the start of the season alongside Pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.