Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
afc16 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
afc16 said:
we struggled cos we just didn't play that well, which is understandable due to the amount of pressure we were under and the horrible start we had to the game.

and arsenal are hardly the first team to have not played as well as they could have in a final?

No fair play. Was a good comeback. Should have been easier the way Hull defended.

think that will always be the case till we get some top strikers in, all season really unless our midfielders are scoring we aren't winning games.

Defo need a top striker. Giroud needs to many touches and has the balance of a hippo on a tight rope. Sanogo is only young
and can improve, but at the moment I realy struggle to see how he has made the grade.

pudge & rodge said:
afc16 said:
pudge & rodge said:
Well, if this season is anything to go by...

Everton 3-0 Arsenal
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
City 6-3 Arsenal
Arsenal 1-1 Everton
Arsenal 1-1 City

the bad results are all away games, our record at home was brilliant all season, and at a neutral venue like wembley you can't use those results as a measuring stick as neither team has home advantage.
The point remains that in the big games against the better teams this season, Arsenal made a habit of not showing up. Your logic was just a bit odd given those results this season.

i do get what your saying, and theres no hiding from our results against the top teams away. but if you chose to look at those results, you can't then ignore the others for example we quite comfortable beat liverpool at home, also in the fa cup, and comfortably beat everton in fa cup as well. as i mentioned our home record I'm sure is as good as anyones, 1 loss all season in league, only 7 goals conceded.

so at a neutral venue in a one off game, i don't think those 3 bad away results would have meant anything.

Ramsey is Welsh unfortunately. Anyway well done to Arsenal probably should have had a couple of penalties and showed good resilience to come back from 2 down. Financial doping is all relative. Incoherent mumblings

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
afc16 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
No fair play. Was a good comeback. Should have been easier the way Hull defended.

think that will always be the case till we get some top strikers in, all season really unless our midfielders are scoring we aren't winning games.

Defo need a top striker. Giroud needs to many touches and has the balance of a hippo on a tight rope. Sanogo is only young
and can improve, but at the moment I realy struggle to see how he has made the grade.

i think he was just a bit of a cheap punt, sort of no loss/win win whatever happens. and yea he's young so can improve. to girouds credit, he's also nowhere near as bad as made out, over 20 goals and loads of assists, but what he's rubbish at is playing as a lone striker. he doesn't have world class ability to make something out of nothing, to beat defenders. when he plays along side someone, and when he has players running off him, he's brilliant at holding ball and little flicks to play people in.

afc16 said:
prestonibbo_mcfc said:
afc16 said:

i think he was just a bit of a cheap punt, sort of no loss/win win whatever happens. and yea he's young so can improve. to girouds credit, he's also nowhere near as bad as made out, over 20 goals and loads of assists, but what he's rubbish at is playing as a lone striker. he doesn't have world class ability to make something out of nothing, to beat defenders. when he plays along side someone, and when he has players running off him, he's brilliant at holding ball and little flicks to play people in.

Never said he was bad. Always seems to be off balance when shooting or heading. Misses loads of good chances.
Todays header and the free one at the Etihad spring to mind.

10310644_784596091564968_2783541733633518947_n.jpg

Successful season.

Everton 3-0 Arsenal
Chelsea 6-0 Arsenal
Liverpool 5-1 Arsenal
Arsenal 0-0 Chelsea
City 6-3 Arsenal
Arsenal 1-1 Everton
Arsenal 1-1 City[/quote]

And we are in for one of theirs No Way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.