Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
AwayDay said:
I hope we have a right go tomorrow, even if we lose, no point losing a chess match 2-0 like city today, you think your doing well and before you know it, the tie is over.
Hope we go for the kill tomorrow, and if we fall short, so be it.

It, it is then.

Not a good night for either of us in the Champions League this week.

bobbyowenquiff said:
Will the tabloids slaughter Arsenal and Wenger tomorrow like City. I doubt it. It was a similar match to last night. If it had stayed 11 v 11 Arsenal (like City) would probably have got at least a draw. Face facts. Bayern and Barca are the best sides of the last decade. English teams are not up to their standard. It is no disgrace to lose to teams like this. The bar has been set high and we have to work harder to reach it.

im not denying that had you kept 11 men you might either have got a draw or even a win. but with 11 men we looked like the better team against bayern whereas you didn't against barca.

the absolutely biggest regret of tonight is that we started like we started against napoli, bayern didn't know what hit them.

but the missed pen totally changed the atmosphere and moral.

regardless of the rules, and regardless of who's fault it is, to miss a penalty, get a red card, lose one of your subs, then lose our best left back all in 45mins is just so much bad luck self inflicted or not.<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:56 pm --<br /><br />
Marvin said:
stonerblue said:
The_Mo said:
Didn't he play against Liverpool (the kid)? He looked very promising from what i have seen.

And had a decent game tonight.
He looked lost. Totally isolated which of course was not his fault

with 11 men he looked really good, pacey and strong. in my opinion better then giroud. he also comes across as someone with that arrogance and beleif, which is something that giroud doesnt have.

afc16 said:
bobbyowenquiff said:
Will the tabloids slaughter Arsenal and Wenger tomorrow like City. I doubt it. It was a similar match to last night. If it had stayed 11 v 11 Arsenal (like City) would probably have got at least a draw. Face facts. Bayern and Barca are the best sides of the last decade. English teams are not up to their standard. It is no disgrace to lose to teams like this. The bar has been set high and we have to work harder to reach it.

im not denying that had you kept 11 men you might either have got a draw or even a win. but with 11 men we looked like the better team against bayern whereas you didn't against barca.

the absolutely biggest regret of tonight is that we started like we started against napoli, bayern didn't know what hit them.

but the missed pen totally changed the atmosphere and moral.

regardless of the rules, and regardless of who's fault it is, to miss a penalty, get a red card, lose one of your subs, then lose our best left back all in 45mins is just so much bad luck self inflicted or not.

-- Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:56 pm --

Marvin said:
stonerblue said:
And had a decent game tonight.
He looked lost. Totally isolated which of course was not his fault

with 11 men he looked really good, pacey and strong. in my opinion better then giroud. he also comes across as someone with that arrogance and beleif, which is something that giroud doesnt have.

does looking the best team count as a trophy for wenger? :)

Didn't get chance to watch the game tonight, but heard Chris Waddle on 5 Live after the match, saying summat like, at least Arsenal went for it with 10 men, whereas, City sat too deep. We gave em a fookin good game with 10 men. Then they were talkin about top Spanish and German sides being better than the top Premier league sides; both City and Arsenal were unlucky to go a man down, okay, they were both sending off offences, but had they not been sent off, both games would have ended differently. WE beat Bayern on their own patch a couple of months back and that with a pretty much second string side. Arsenal beat Dortmund in Dortmund. Yoonited (although not a top side) battered Leverkusen. Of course Barca and Bayern are top sides, but just coz 2 Premier league teams have just unluckily lost to the pair of them, doesn't make the top PL clubs inferior to the top La Liga and Bundesliga clubs. Is Waddle always such a chod?

bobbyowenquiff said:

Good summary, and the way I feel. Both yourselves and us could have maybe plucked out a draw if we kept 11 men on the pitch, but the bottom line is Barcelona and Bayern are just up another level overall. The good thing for us and yourselves I would suggest is that there are 1 or 2 areas of our teams that you can see for obvious improvements. Whether that be enough to take the teams up to that level we can only see.

hallstreetblue said:
Didn't get chance to watch the game tonight, but heard Chris Waddle on 5 Live after the match, saying summat like, at least Arsenal went for it with 10 men, whereas, City sat too deep. We gave em a fookin good game with 10 men. Then they were talkin about top Spanish and German sides being better than the top Premier league sides; both City and Arsenal were unlucky to go a man down, okay, they were both sending off offences, but had they not been sent off, both games would have ended differently. WE beat Bayern on their own patch a couple of months back and that with a pretty much second string side. Arsenal beat Dortmund in Dortmund. Yoonited (although not a top side) battered Leverkusen. Of course Barca and Bayern are top sides, but just coz 2 Premier league teams have just unluckily lost to the pair of them, doesn't make the top PL clubs inferior to the top La Liga and Bundesliga clubs. Is Waddle always such a chod?

Really don't know why the media always want to have a go at us - always looking for a dig however small - only Martin Samuel and Henry Winter seem to be able to see the big picture.

So chuffed Arse got beat same way as us really - bet they don't get the same treatment in the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.