Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike N said:
For what it's worth I think it was a joke that the keeper was sent off. Penalty yes, sending off no. What the hell was he supposed to do but go for the ball?

Agree that it wasn't a red, but Chesney doesn't look at the ball. He is out of control of his body and contact is inevitable.

hallstreetblue said:
Didn't get chance to watch the game tonight, but heard Chris Waddle on 5 Live after the match, saying summat like, at least Arsenal went for it with 10 men, whereas, City sat too deep. We gave em a fookin good game with 10 men. Then they were talkin about top Spanish and German sides being better than the top Premier league sides; both City and Arsenal were unlucky to go a man down, okay, they were both sending off offences, but had they not been sent off, both games would have ended differently. WE beat Bayern on their own patch a couple of months back and that with a pretty much second string side. Arsenal beat Dortmund in Dortmund. Yoonited (although not a top side) battered Leverkusen. Of course Barca and Bayern are top sides, but just coz 2 Premier league teams have just unluckily lost to the pair of them, doesn't make the top PL clubs inferior to the top La Liga and Bundesliga clubs. Is Waddle always such a chod?

Waddle must be fucking deluded if he thinks ten man Arse played better than ten man us.. Arsenal got into bayerns half once in the second half ffs..

Mrs Mist who is hardly a football supporter commented this morning on the difference between $kys coverage of Pellegrinis comments and Wengers regarding the referee. No mention this morning that Wenger could be in trouble, touchline ban fine etc etc.

Agenda ? No just bias.

samharris said:
hallstreetblue said:
Didn't get chance to watch the game tonight, but heard Chris Waddle on 5 Live after the match, saying summat like, at least Arsenal went for it with 10 men, whereas, City sat too deep. We gave em a fookin good game with 10 men. Then they were talkin about top Spanish and German sides being better than the top Premier league sides; both City and Arsenal were unlucky to go a man down, okay, they were both sending off offences, but had they not been sent off, both games would have ended differently. WE beat Bayern on their own patch a couple of months back and that with a pretty much second string side. Arsenal beat Dortmund in Dortmund. Yoonited (although not a top side) battered Leverkusen. Of course Barca and Bayern are top sides, but just coz 2 Premier league teams have just unluckily lost to the pair of them, doesn't make the top PL clubs inferior to the top La Liga and Bundesliga clubs. Is Waddle always such a chod?

Waddle must be fucking deluded if he thinks ten man Arse played better than ten man us.. Arsenal got into bayerns half once in the second half ffs..
Fuck me, Waddle! another appalling summariser, only saw the 2nd half, can remember two desperate hoofs up the pitch & one fleeting moment of possession.

I'm surprised there's any doubt about the red card last night - if the keeper doesn't foul him, Robben is round him and effectively has a tap in. In the eyes of the law as it currently stands, that's a sending off just as MDM's on Messi the night before was. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing cynical in either of the challenges and they were genuine attempts to get the ball but as they took the man out then there can't be any complaints really.

Obviously, there's an ongoing debate regarding the double whammy issue of red card and penalty which I fully sympathise with but unfortunately that's the law as it stands so we have to abide by it until such a time that they decide to change it.

dont see how people can say a red is harsh, its the fucking law, if you're idiotic enough to bring the last man down you're gonna walk.

By the way, what a waste of time Ozil was, fucking bottler.

12% possession in the second half is pretty hilarious. Arsenal always finding new and exciting ways to fail. I'd rather it if at least one of you went through though.

Number 1 is Colin Bell said:
Gaylord du Bois said:
hallstreetblue said:
Shots =8 /BM=26
On target =4 /BM=5
Corners=2 /BM =9
Possession= 21% /BM 79%
They went for it alright.

Oh we can't let the facts get in the way of an Arsenal w**kfest! We will all have to feel sorry for them tomorrow!

Interesting statistics those especially as Wenger attaches so much importance to "dominating possession". Even more intersting that in the second half Bayern apparently had 91% of the possession!!! But Arsenal went for it...<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:37 am --<br /><br />
M18CTID said:
I'm surprised there's any doubt about the red card last night - if the keeper doesn't foul him, Robben is round him and effectively has a tap in. In the eyes of the law as it currently stands, that's a sending off just as MDM's on Messi the night before was. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing cynical in either of the challenges and they were genuine attempts to get the ball but as they took the man out then there can't be any complaints really.

Obviously, there's an ongoing debate regarding the double whammy issue of red card and penalty which I fully sympathise with but unfortunately that's the law as it stands so we have to abide by it until such a time that they decide to change it.

Come on, by definition there's enormous doubt about any red card for one of Wenger's men!

Regarding "denying a clear goal scoring opportunity" resulting in a red card.
Shurely conceding a penalty is considered "creating a clear goal scoring opportunity". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.