Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mad Eyed Screamer said:
Aw_disciple said:
You didnt deserve to win that game you were lucky. You'll forever be a small pathetic little club alongside Chelsea!

Mark my words you will not win more than 2 games between now and the end of the season.

Name your (registered) charity - if we win 3 games between now and the end of the season you will put in 100 notes.
If we do not win more than 2, then I will put in the same sum of money
Deal or no deal?

I take it he counted his pocket money jar and decided to decline your offer!....... Unless he's doing an extra paper round this evening and comes back on later?!

I suspect he has wriggled off the hook but...
Don't you love Arsenal fans talking about 'istory? How little they know of their own corrupt past (and they aren't the only ones, obviously). Just to précis their glorious past and no apologies for paraphrasing Wiki.

Arsenal were founded as Dial Square in 1886.
They entered the FA Cup for the first time in 1889–90 but the difference in ability between Arsenal and the professional sides from up North soon became apparent, and Arsenal faced the threat of their players being lured away by the money professional sides could pay (no change there then!)

Arsenal never competed for the title and only twice finished above tenth place in the First Division between 1904 and 1913.
To stay afloat, Woolwich Arsenal were forced to sell their best players. The league position got worse and worse and the fair weather fans deserted the club. Poor crowds drove them to near bankruptcy, and in 1910 went into voluntary liquidation. Then came their own sugar daddy, property tycoon, Sir Henry Norris. Sir Henry, along with a group of businessmen took over. Interestingly the owner was chairman of Fulham and he tried to merge the two teams together (Fulham Arsenal?) he quickly rejected this but soon worked out that Arsenal needed to relocate from Woolwich. The current fans objected, as did the people who lived in Highbury but he moved them anyway. Imagine that today!

He reportedly spent £125,000 ( Historic Opportunity cost of that project is £12,530,000.00, Labour cost of that project is £42,450,000.00, Economic cost of that project is £88,070,000.00)on building the new stadium. Woolwich Arsenal moved there in the 1913 close season, having finished bottom and relegated to the Second Division in 1912–13. The old traditionalists then dropped Woolwich from their name. They then got a huge leg up the ladder as they managed to finish 6th in division 2, which was good enough to be 'promoted'. First division went up to 22 and they voted in Arsenal. Rumour had it that the owner had some dirt on some pre war match fixing (by those bastions of fair play, Liverpool and Man Utd!) he demanded there relegation but was then offered promotion. This promotion was decided by ballot and came, famously at the expense of Spurs. This dirt was not dished but there was strong collusion between Norris and john McKenna, chairman of both Liverpool AND the Football League! Norris was eventually found guilty of financial irregularities.
They weren't very succesful and rarely finished above halfway.
They changed their shirts to red in 1933 after Norris had decided to spend heavily on new players. This was when Arsenal were known as the Bank of England club. Chapman took over and bought a full team and won the title in 1931.

They then got luckier than ever with the Champions league cash, not to mention selling Highbury for a fortune (possibly a bit fortunate!) then not having to count funds spent on the new stadium for FFP, which Wenger loves. He then preaches about Arab money but he was ever slow to accept it for his players!
Oh to have some history!!!

MihaiCity said:
quiet_riot said:
MihaiCity said:
when you had have of this players on the field we rip you into pieces..let's be honest if bayern really wanted they would had destroy you without a chance for you...and something else expect another hammering for you when we visit the emishite

Getting a bit giddy there. We've not been in great form ourselves.

i know but i really really want us to teach those fuckers another lesson to shut the fuck up of their brainless uselles pricks fans..god i hate them

Is this guy for real?

Gillespie said:
MihaiCity said:
quiet_riot said:
Getting a bit giddy there. We've not been in great form ourselves.

i know but i really really want us to teach those fuckers another lesson to shut the fuck up of their brainless uselles pricks fans..god i hate them

Is this guy for real?

To be fair, I know every team has bad fans but its just yours seem to have more. A lot more.

Aw_disciple said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
Aw_disciple said:
Arsenal put in a good defensive performance especially in the first half but just weren't ruthless and dynamic enough In the final third. At the end of the day we were without Wilshere, Ramsey, Gibbs, Monreal, Walcott, Diaby, Scezesney and Sanogo against what many think are the best team in the world and still came away with a draw. What would have happened last night if man city were without Nasri, Aguero, kolorav, Clichy, Navas,fernandinho, Hart and Dzeko?
This is why it baffles me when people talk about Chelsea and city having a bigger squad than us.

we went there without Kompany, Yaya, Nasri, Clichy, Aguero, Zaba only came on because of injury and Negredo on late and we beat them.

Bayern were also without players too so dont try that one. You were without nasri but imagine being without Silva too as we have done with Wilshere and Ramsey.

At the end of the day its disgraceful that a team like city with such financial clout fail against Barcelona and Wigan with their full team out too and pundits etc still claim your the best team in the country. I mean what are they sniffing?

hardly, apart from Schweinsteiger they weren't really missing anyone at all, pretty much a full strength team when you consider what was at their disposal.

We took our subs and still beat them.

Aw_disciple said:
You didnt deserve to win that game you were lucky. You'll forever be a small pathetic little club alongside Chelsea!

Mark my words you will not win more than 2 games between now and the end of the season.

1: Your shit.
2: Us and Chelsea are miles better than you.
3: We've won more than you in the last 9 years.
4: We get behind our manager.
5: We get behind our players.
6: We don't live off one decent result against Bayern (beat them more times than you have in the last 3 years btw).
7: Jack Wilshere is over rated and Guardiola was 100% right in what he said about him.
8: You were the first club to 'ruin' English football (Henry Norris)
9: Piers Morgan
10: Nasri
11: 6-3
12: Your fans claim to not want splash cash and do it 'the proper way' when theres video evidence of you lot singing "spend some fucking money".
13: Your record signing cost more than our record signing.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Aw_disciple said:

6: We don't live off one decent result against Bayern (beat them more times than you have in the last 3 years btw).
7: Jack Wilshere is over rated and Guardiola was 100% right in what he said about him.
12: Your fans claim to not want splash cash and do it 'the proper way' when theres video evidence of you lot singing "spend some fucking money".

you really listed 4&5 after the past few weeks?

TheProdigy2k9 said:
Gillespie said:
MihaiCity said:

Is this guy for real?

To be fair, I know every team has bad fans but its just yours seem to have more. A lot more.

And you've counted them so you know?<br /><br />-- Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:31 am --<br /><br />
MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
Aw_disciple said:

Ahhhh.........come on......Henry Norris was not so bad......and even if he was might you after the best part of 100 years be minded to overlook it?

Aw_disciple said:

This getting past post mod these days ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.