Arsenal Thread 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gillespie said:
City fans

Arsenal are the least of your worries

Get some bleedin' perspective

One of the three agitators trying to get us banned under FFPR, I'd say you are a major concern. It would be delicious to see how your strategic financial plan goes without the Champions League money you are trying to stop anyone else getting.

Wreckless Alec said:
Gillespie said:
City fans

One of the three agitators trying to get us banned under FFPR, I'd say you are a major concern. It would be delicious to see how your strategic financial plan goes without the Champions League money you are trying to stop anyone else getting.

I am not aware that Arsenal have been agitating for you to be banned under FFPR and anyway, even if they were, the rules are pretty clear to everyone so as long as you comply, there should be no concerns.

Loss of CL football would be a big blow and were that to provoke mirth as far as you and your fellow fans are concerned well I can live with that.

Insofar as City are concerned, I'm relatively indifferent though I'd prefer either you or Liverpool to win the league than Chelsea. Ironic though you'll be looking at Chelsea to do you a favour at Anfield and if anyone can do it, I'd say Mourinho could.

The only teams I really want to see fail and consistently at that are Spurs (obviously), Man Yoo and Chelsea.

Gillespie said:
Wreckless Alec said:
Gillespie said:
City fans

I am not aware that Arsenal have been agitating for you to be banned under FFPR and anyway, even if they were, the rules are pretty clear to everyone so as long as you comply, there should be no concerns.

Loss of CL football would be a big blow and were that to provoke mirth as far as you and your fellow fans are concerned well I can live with that.

Insofar as City are concerned, I'm relatively indifferent though I'd prefer either you or Liverpool to win the league than Chelsea. Ironic though you'll be looking at Chelsea to do you a favour at Anfield and if anyone can do it, I'd say Mourinho could.

The only teams I really want to see fail and consistently at that are Spurs (obviously), Man Yoo and Chelsea.
Not aware ??!!??
Where have you been then?
Haven't you seen the headed notepaper , ( I don't know how to post these things , perhaps a more computer savvy City fan can oblige)
Haven't you heard your esteemed manager whining on about " financial doping" etc.
It seems that one of his plans for arsenal's future is to try and stop upstarts like us from challenging.
Somebody should read to him fromTony Adams' book , especially the bit about one Danny Fiszman!

Normalbloke said:
City = League cup
Arsenal = FA CUP

Successful season? definitely Arsenal's

As we proved last season, assuming you've won a game before it's even been played is a very dangerous thing to do. You'd have thought we'd beat Wigan with ease last year, but we didn't. You'd have thought you'd beat Wigan with ease at the weekend, but it took you 120 minutes plus penalties to do so, and you were less than 10 minutes away from defeat.

Arsenal will, likely, win the FA Cup. However if I was offered winning the League Cup and qualifying for the Champion's League or winning the FA Cup and qualifying for the Europa League, I know which one I'd take. Just like City and the title race, Arsenal's fate in the league is out of their hands.

Bodicoteblue said:
Gillespie said:
Wreckless Alec said:

Not aware ??!!??
Haven't you seen the headed notepaper , ( I don't know how to post these things , perhaps a more computer savvy City fan can oblige)
Haven't you heard your esteemed manager whining on about " financial doping" etc.
It seems that one of his plans for arsenal's future is to try and stop upstarts like us from challenging.
Somebody should read to him fromTony Adams' book , especially the bit about one Danny Fiszman!

I have said it before and I'll say it again. As an Arsenal fan, moaning about the wealth of City is an exercise in futility. Either you have broken the rules, in which case there might be some sort of UEFA sanction or you haven't in which case, nothing to worry about.

Everything else is just so much noise. By the way I'm not sure I've seen any headed notepaper. Is that some kind of letter to UEFA?

As for Danny Fiszman and what he might have done in more simple times, who cares? It's hardly relevant to anything now, is it?<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:19 pm --<br /><br />
Matty said:
Normalbloke said:
City = League cup
Arsenal = FA CUP

Successful season? definitely Arsenal's

As we proved last season, assuming you've won a game before it's even been played is a very dangerous thing to do. You'd have thought we'd beat Wigan with ease last year, but we didn't. You'd have thought you'd beat Wigan with ease at the weekend, but it took you 120 minutes plus penalties to do so, and you were less than 10 minutes away from defeat.

Arsenal will, likely, win the FA Cup. However if I was offered winning the League Cup and qualifying for the Champion's League or winning the FA Cup and qualifying for the Europa League, I know which one I'd take. Just like City and the title race, Arsenal's fate in the league is out of their hands.

I can't disagree with that and having been at Wembley Saturday, the idea that Hull will be a slam dunk is absurd. We have been woeful these past 2 months and needing likely to win our last 5 league games to qualify for the CL and a fierce final against Hull doesn't fill me with huge confidence in our ability to do either.

Gillespie said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Gillespie said:

Not aware ??!!??

I have said it before and I'll say it again. As an Arsenal fan, moaning about the wealth of City is an exercise in futility. Either you have broken the rules, in which case there might be some sort of UEFA sanction or you haven't in which case, nothing to worry about.

Everything else is just so much noise. By the way I'm not sure I've seen any headed notepaper. Is that some kind of letter to UEFA?

As for Danny Fiszman and what he might have done in more simple times, who cares? It's hardly relevant to anything now, is it?

in more simple times? what, when it was only you and the Rags fighting for the title so it didn't matter what you spent?

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Gillespie said:
Bodicoteblue said:
Not aware ??!!??

As for Danny Fiszman and what he might have done in more simple times, who cares? It's hardly relevant to anything now, is it?

in more simple times? what, when it was only you and the Rags fighting for the title so it didn't matter what you spent?

Yes and a time when the money spent was relatively modest compared to today. But that's all history now and as I said above, not really relevant to the FFPR environment we have now. Probably better now because the competition is greater.

Search 'Kompany' on twitter and look how 90% of the tweets from Arsenal calling him overrated etc the usual.
Seems like they were more happy on Kompany making a mistake than reaching the Fa cup final.
Probably the most bitter fan base out there

TheProdigy2k9 said:
Search 'Kompany' on twitter and look how 90% of the tweets from Arsenal calling him overrated etc the usual.
Seems like they were more happy on Kompany making a mistake than reaching the Fa cup final.
Probably the most bitter fan base out there

To imply that 90% of Arsenal fans don't rate Kompany is arrant nonsense.
Barrel scraping to justify your inate anti Arsenal prejudice is a bit pathetic.
Really.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.