Arsenal Thread 2015/16

We can win the league, we say this every season but I truly believe it this season, our form against other top teams has been very very good bar Chelsea, a Chelsea that cheated to gain the result at that. Our problem is usually beating other teams in the top four....

We have lost against teams like WBA this season but we are not tripping up to the point of bring out of the race and even when we do trip up other teams are not taking advantage of it...

I don't see anyone challenging us outside of Man City and with all due respect they are in poor form. We after the next few league games could have a big lead over them... We have some very winnable games coming up

But I still think man city are favs, and deserve to be. I'm not getting cocky (I'm just a dreamer)

Last edited:
Watching a few arsenal fans being interviewed on sky sports it reminded me a bit about the scousers in 2014. To be fair they are slightly more cautious, none of this "we gonna win the league, we gonna win the league" chanting. But there is a bit of "this is our chance" and "it is this year only". Time will tell but history has a habit of repeating itself; we do seem to be winning every other title and it was fun piping United to the post and snatching the tile from Liverpool's grasp, maybe it is the Gooner's turn to feel that disappointment?
Arsenal fans are perfectly entitled to get excited about winning the league in the manner you describe, otherwise what's the point of being a football fan?

As to your 'every other title' prediction, I'd put Arsenal as slight favourites after the other night, although their mental fortitude to cope with the run-in has to be open to question, but they've definitely got the best chance in a decade to win the league. Eventually all those saying they've not got the mental strength to win the league (including myself at the start of the season) will be proved wrong - and it could very well be this season.

Always thought they would be our main rivals this season. If we continue our current form I also think Leicester will beat us away and a fair gap could get opened up going into the new year. I don't think it's as simple as getting Vinnie back, we also need David and Sergio to be playing at something like full capability. Raheem and Kevin to show some consistent form. All those things might make for a decent run. As far as Arsenal are concerned, Sanchez will be back in the new year and unlike others, I don't think they will collapse under the pressure of a run in. They look a far better balanced side than we do at present with a great deal more confidence and self belief.

I'm resigned to third place at the very best. Then it must be Leicester for the league, not least of all to see Arsenal implode with grief, much as the dippers did. Leicester won't do it again and so it's best to grind all our realistic opponents into the dirt of self-doubt, under achievement and deep depression. It's good for us if one of the old top 4 occasionally win a European trophy and general boost coefficient points. but I'd rather 'smaller teams' win the domestic trophies when we don't. That's about as far as my festive spirit will stretch and the bent 'Big 4' fuckers should be grateful for that.

If only Yaya had realised we were playing them earlier than he did last Monday.

b'mouth will be a hard game ....they are undefeated in the last 6 games and had beaten chelsea and rags in 2 of them....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.