Arsenal Thread 2015/16

i do not wish injuries to players from other clubs but sanchez and cazorla out for our game will be a big blow for them.....well we have our own stars out like kompany and in aguero case i don't know what to say he can't play 3-4 games in a row to save his life .....

i do not wish injuries to players from other clubs but sanchez and cazorla out for our game will be a big blow for them.....well we have our own stars out like kompany and in aguero case i don't know what to say he can't play 3-4 games in a row to save his life .....
I would always want to play against the best the opposition has to offer but everyone seems to be getting injuries so no-one should complain. Seems be an ever increasing number if absentees across the league which is disappointing from a football lover's perspective.

They get the City treatment this year, Messi and co. in the round of 16!

And yes I'm aware that means they can focus more on the league but let's be happy it isn't us facing Barca because that's what we've complained about the last 2 years

Arsenal fan, coming in peace here. Not been on in a while and I know a few might accuse me of 'coming out the woodwork', just wanted to come on a put a bit of perspective to last nights results.

I'm happy we've won, but to be honest for us to win the league I think we needed to last night. Taking Leicester out the equation just now, we are only 4 points ahead of you guys. We've played a lot of the traditional 'top' teams at home, so we on paper at least face a more difficult fixture list 2nd half of the season. However, I appreciate the nature of the league this season means currently playing teams like Watford are just as difficult if not more than playing teams like Man Utd just now.

The main difference between the 2 teams in recent weeks is that we've found a way to cope better with our injuries than you have. I've no doubt when you guys get Kompany fit you will then become a lot more consistent, so we can't slacken off and need to keep focussed every game, starting with a very difficult fixture that we tend to struggle with, Southapmton at St Mary's!

Obviously, from our point of view, I hope we start getting some of our long term injured players back, and can strengthen a position or 2 in January. That should at least see us in good stead squad wise.

As for the game itself, I thought you were the better team opening 25-30mins, and closing 15, and we had the better of the middle of the game. Both teams created a few very decent chances, and our decision making and finishing was better on the night.
I won't try and kid on I'm not happy with the result, of course I'm happy at winning a big game, but I know there's a long way to go.

Oh, and one thing that I am hoping that might happen is that the constant speculation about Pep will just make you guys lose focus just enough that it might take your eye of the ball a wee bit and effect results. I will be extremely jealous if / when you get Pep and I'm sure he will take you guys on to another level, I just don't think the way his announcement and the speculation is panning out so early in the season can help you guys in the short term.

Welcome GunnerGer.

Good summary of the game, and pretty much how I saw it.

A long way to go yet, but you guys and Leicester are definitely in the box seat.

Arsenal fan, coming in peace here. Not been on in a while and I know a few might accuse me of 'coming out the woodwork', just wanted to come on a put a bit of perspective to last nights results.

I'm happy we've won, but to be honest for us to win the league I think we needed to last night. Taking Leicester out the equation just now, we are only 4 points ahead of you guys. We've played a lot of the traditional 'top' teams at home, so we on paper at least face a more difficult fixture list 2nd half of the season. However, I appreciate the nature of the league this season means currently playing teams like Watford are just as difficult if not more than playing teams like Man Utd just now.

The main difference between the 2 teams in recent weeks is that we've found a way to cope better with our injuries than you have. I've no doubt when you guys get Kompany fit you will then become a lot more consistent, so we can't slacken off and need to keep focussed every game, starting with a very difficult fixture that we tend to struggle with, Southapmton at St Mary's!

Obviously, from our point of view, I hope we start getting some of our long term injured players back, and can strengthen a position or 2 in January. That should at least see us in good stead squad wise.

As for the game itself, I thought you were the better team opening 25-30mins, and closing 15, and we had the better of the middle of the game. Both teams created a few very decent chances, and our decision making and finishing was better on the night.
I won't try and kid on I'm not happy with the result, of course I'm happy at winning a big game, but I know there's a long way to go.

Oh, and one thing that I am hoping that might happen is that the constant speculation about Pep will just make you guys lose focus just enough that it might take your eye of the ball a wee bit and effect results. I will be extremely jealous if / when you get Pep and I'm sure he will take you guys on to another level, I just don't think the way his announcement and the speculation is panning out so early in the season can help you guys in the short term.

Your lads deserved the three points last night and whilst I despise the old tosser, you have to give a huge amount of credit to Wenger for building the squad he has.

I said at the start of the season that Arsenal have the strongest squad in the league. You have spent big money on superstars such as Cech, Carzorla, Sanchez and Ozil and let them dictate the game whilst the hunger and work rate is still there from the likes of Ramsey, Walcott and Bellerin etc. By contrast we have just spent big on virtually everyone and have an appalling work rate.

Whilst I believe that last night was a must win game for you in the title race, I still think there will be much bigger challenges ahead for you. Let's face it, we are the perfect 'big side' for sides to play at home. No matter what we play like the home side and set ourselves up to be countered. I think it's the games against Spurs and Chelsea which will be the acid test for you. But right now I would make you guys favourites for the title.

My observation.

Both Leicester and Arsenal have marginally better away form than at home so far. Both have played 9 away games from 17 played so far with Leicester gaining 21 points out of 27 and Arsenal 19 points out of the same. It seems teams are likely more vulnerable when playing at home against Leicester and Arsenal because home teams supposedly at an advantage tend to be more adventurous.

When you consider that Leicester and Arsenal are set up now to concede possession and then hit teams on the break through fast counter attacks, it suggests a change in thinking especially for Arsenal who made a reputation out of keeping possession a la Barcelona. Who'd have thought last night that City would have so dominated possession at the Emirates? It would have been unheard of only recently.

Looking at those teams that tend to dominate possession like City and United, that dominance hasn't been as successful this season.

Maybe Van Gaal is right, the world has moved on and teams can defend so much better now making them hard to break down. It's clearly easier to score if you have fast forwards breaking at speed taking advantage of the lack of organisation when a team over commits and loses the ball. When combined with the fierce pressing both Leicester and Arsenal employ when without the ball, it's a smart tactic that I suspect other teams need to catch up with.

I wonder if we will see teams begin to change tactics now against the top 2?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.