Votes: 189 32.0%
  • Mid-table Boring Season

Votes: 167 28.3%
  • Lower Half Mediocrity

Votes: 76 12.9%
  • Relegation Fodder

Votes: 35 5.9%

• Total voters
I was on about your loss to united in that comment.
Ah feck, how did I miss that, apologies.

You are right, still a big work in progress and we do let ourselves down at times.

Still need improvements in the first XI and the squad, but in general I think we're on the right direction, but need another couple of decent windows to push us forward.

I don't know what happened in that semi-final 2nd leg. Arsenal were trying to play the ball out of defence and through their midfield but they were unable to do it. Was this tactical? Did Arsenal just go with too many forwards? They had a lot of attacking players who when they got the ball looked dangerous e.g., Saka and Martinelli but for most of the game they couldn't get them on the ball. I think it would have been a different game had Partey started.

Arsenal were never going to reach the euphoric heights of News Year's Day 2022.
That date is now etched in the media and fans heads alike as the day the mighty Arse finally made a defeat to Manchester City look like a close game.
Everything else this season just pales into insignificance when compared.

Liverpool were very good how they smothered Arsenal all over the pitch the young lad helping out Trent defensively was is only job did it well. Jota though what a great buy for 42m

Ah feck, how did I miss that, apologies.

You are right, still a big work in progress and we do let ourselves down at times.

Still need improvements in the first XI and the squad, but in general I think we're on the right direction, but need another couple of decent windows to push us forward.

The way to cause Liverpool problems is the early ball over or through the high back line of their defence. Martinelli and Sakka have the pace to cause them issues. Arteta has a way he wants Arsenal to play, yesterday was a time to show some flexibility and play the pass earlier. Especially when he saw Liverpool were packing the midfield and pushing so high.
If a team is going to try to pass through Liverpool they need to be be better at it than the current Gunners.

14 red cards since Arteta took over.
Seem to lose it against the top teams.
Since New Year they're had a player sent off against us and in both Carabao semi-final games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.