Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have won a lot of prize money and copped for the most TV revenue in that period, you’ve let players go for sure, 80m for that donkey Pepe and others who you have lost considerable money. The point is your spending nearly as much as the Rags but along with the Chavs and Dippers you won’t be criticised whereas all we hear about is how we outspend everyone even now and we are ruining the game. I bet you won’t get the same shit we get off the media, it’s a fucking joke.
'prize money'. This isnt tennis or golf. You dont win money for prizes.

TV deals, sponsorships, player sales, gate receipts are the main drivers for making money.

TV deals, sponsorships, player sales, gate receipts are the main drivers for making money.

Don’t get too upbeat my friend !
I quite like the look of Odegaard and Martinelli,
they would look good in blue .I’m thinking we use all our oil money and snatch those two in the Summer.
Especially,after we knock you out of the cup and win the league.
That should turn their heads slightly !
However,you can keep Saka and Saliba.
Plus, let’s wait and see re Arteta, he did after all, bottle it at the end of last season when the Champions league was within touching distance.
Youve sent a benchmark with Grealish.

If you like Martinelli and Odegaard, then the fee is going to be skyhigh.

Were not bidding 80m for Mudryk only to then turn around and sell our better players to direct rival for prices you would feel comfortable with.

Martinelli 180m.
Odegaard 200m.

Dont like it, then too bad

So you made 20m more than West Ham. What of it? The 'prize money' list is pretty consolidated.

You get to the next round in Europe = you get another home game to sell tickets too. Thats the function of prie money.

Its not like Tennis or golf where the is an actual prize based on where you finish. Winning the Premier League gets you no money directly.

So you made 20m more than West Ham. What of it? The 'prize money' list is pretty consolidated.

You get to the next round in Europe = you get another home game to sell tickets too. Thats the function of prie money.

Its not like Tennis or golf where the is an actual prize based on where you finish. Winning the Premier League gets you no money directly.
What are you talking about? Of course premier league teams win prize money.

Last season each club got an equal amount for TV revenue then each club got £2.2M in PRIZE MONEY for which position they finished in

Norwich received £.2.2M for finishing bottom while we recived £44M for finishing top.

It's the same in The Champions League (although you've been out of it for so long you probably don't know this)

As well as the TV rights each club got a flat fee IN PRIZE MONEY of £13M for reaching the group stage each were then awarded IN PRIZE MONEY £2.3M for a win and £750,000 for a draw

The prize money for a win then increases for each round you progress in

I can’t believe you are so uninformed, you are so fucking wrong, there’s prize money for winning all competitions, as an example read this about the Premier League, there’s the basic prize structure then TV revenues are added on as well.

Or this for the Champions League

It’s not insignificant money, if you think it is I would hope you don’t work in a Commercial Environment. Once fixed costs have been accounted for every stream of revenue is a huge bonus, I doubt if you’d understand that though.

What are you talking about? Of course premier league teams win prize money.

Last season each club got an equal amount for TV revenue then each club got £2.2M in PRIZE MONEY for which position they finished in

Norwich received £.2.2M for finishing bottom while we recived £44M for finishing top.

It's the same in The Champions League (although you've been out of it for so long you probably don't know this)

As well as the TV rights each club got a flat fee IN PRIZE MONEY of £13M for reaching the group stage each were then awarded IN PRIZE MONEY £2.3M for a win and £750,000 for a draw

The prize money for a win then increases for each round you progress in

That's just one strand of it as well. You also get money for being in the group stages - an equal share across all clubs. You get a coefficient payment, the higher your coefficient the more you receive. You also get a TV pool payment which is based on previous performances as well.

Last season this worked out as:
Participation: €15.6million
Prize money: €44.8million
TV pool: €23.1million
Coefficient: €28.4million
Rebate: -€3.8million
2021-22 total: €108.2million
Liverpool obviously lost the final and their payments were as follows:
Participation: €15.6million
Prize money: €66.3million
TV pool: €17.1million
Coefficient: €22.7million
Rebate: -€4.1million
2021-22 total: €117.6million

The benefit of winning more games in the competition is huge for revenue, and so is progressing to the final of course. But we're getting a shit load based on previous performances and our coefficient. We made about £15m more than Chelsea and £26m more than the rags. I couldn't see how much Arsenal made in Europe last season.

I can’t believe you are so uninformed, you are so fucking wrong, there’s prize money for winning all competitions, as an example read this about the Premier League, there’s the basic prize structure then TV revenues are added on as well.

Or this for the Champions League

It’s not insignificant money, if you think it is I would hope you don’t work in a Commercial Environment. Once fixed costs have been accounted for every stream of revenue is a huge bonus, I doubt if you’d understand that though.

Strange isn't it. You get prize money in all competitions, including the league cup and FA Cup. It's fuck all in comparison, which is why Wenger used to say how important finishing in the top 4 was and suggested it was more important than winning a cup. The whole reason the domestic cup competitions have been "de-valued" is because they're not worth as much as the CL so teams are less fussed about them if they're battling for the top 4. As a City fan I'd rather we won the FA Cup and finished 5th than lost the final but finished 4th. But the accountants wouldn't.

Strange isn't it. You get prize money in all competitions, including the league cup and FA Cup. It's fuck all in comparison, which is why Wenger used to say how important finishing in the top 4 was and suggested it was more important than winning a cup. The whole reason the domestic cup competitions have been "de-valued" is because they're not worth as much as the CL so teams are less fussed about them if they're battling for the top 4. As a City fan I'd rather we won the FA Cup and finished 5th than lost the final but finished 4th. But the accountants wouldn't.
I remember when Kyle Walker played in the 17/18 League Cup final, he’d not won a major honour with the Spuds. I can’t remember which goal it was but guessing the 2nd or 3rd when we beat Arsenal 3-0. He was so pumped about winning that trophy, you could see it meant a lot to him, winning trophy is what counts.

I still think it’s important to qualify for the Champions League as it gives the Club the pulling power to attract players and maintain revenues.

Just the 20 million more than West Ham and you don’t think that’s significant revenue? That’s virtually bottom line profit, money made with very little additional expense (same fixed costs for winning or finishing mid table).

It also represents about 4% of turnover, if a listed company reports a 4% drop in turnover which affects profit far more significantly the alarm bells ring and the share price tumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.