Arsenal Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goes back further. All of Wenger's comments, the racist abuse of adebayor, Clichy, nasri, sanga, viera, the top 4, the league cup wow the list goes on...

All this talk about the invincibles being better than us as well. If we finish on more points than them and they match the invincibles points tally we can put that old chestnut to bed finally
West Ham were relegated with 42 points in the 02/03 season, which is four more points than if you went the entire season without losing a single game, like Arsenal, and instead drew each match.

Im hoping the difference between us and Leicester or Liverpool is that we won't lose any of our key players over the summer. Leicester lost the likes of Kante, Mahrez wanted to leave and wanted to join us, Drinkwater eventually left etc. At Liverpool, Suarez left, Sturridge became a sicknote, Gerrard was on his last legs, Sterling then eventually left.

Hopefully we keep the core group together, many of whom like Saliba, Martinelli and Saka are 21/22 and guys like Odegaard, Jesus and Zinchenko and some others are only on the 24-26 range.

We also obviously need to get our recruitment right in the summer as well of course.
Mate, I have enjoyed watching Arsenal this season and in particular seeing Zinc and Gabby thriving and happy as they were great servants of our club. I was disappointed in your team on Wednesday though. Not so much the performance as you played about as well as we let you. More the attitude of your players. They dropped like they had been shot at the slightest touch, tried to provoke whenever they could and one or two acted like real c*nts. I haven’t seen that before so much (although Xhaka has always had a low fuse). Maybe it’s the pressure they are under but I really hope Arteta eradicates it from your play. A real winning mentality does not need that shit. What was your view?

I used to hate on Liverpool but I actually have to give them a lot of respect for what they did for the past couple of years. We could only wish to be as worthy title rivals as them. Liverpool would have taken you guys to the final whistle of the final game.

If I want to watch an entertaining season I'd prefer Liverpool back up there in our place tbh. At least they'd do the premier league/football proud unlike my shit bottling team.

Mate, I have enjoyed watching Arsenal this season and in particular seeing Zinc and Gabby thriving and happy as they were great servants of our club. I was disappointed in your team on Wednesday though. Not so much the performance as you played about as well as we let you. More the attitude of your players. They dropped like they had been shot at the slightest touch, tried to provoke whenever they could and one or two acted like real c*nts. I haven’t seen that before so much (although Xhaka has always had a low fuse). Maybe it’s the pressure they are under but I really hope Arteta eradicates it from your play. A real winning mentality does not need that shit. What was your view?
Yeah, I get that mate. I've actually seen it creep into our play slightly, in big games in particular, I'm thinking at Anfield was the other main example. I think it's partly a pressure thing from our position, but also because at Anfield and the Etihad in particular, we have a real mental block about playing there, and I think suffer from PTSD. It strikes me as desperation almost to get a result, but also frustration at not playing well.

I'm hoping it's something with a bit of team maturity we grow out off, because more than anything, I think it puts us off our own game acting like that to be honest.

They won’t make top4 next year.
I tend to agree. I think they caught a lot of teams off guard early in the season with their intensity and won a few matches that were unexpected. Next season (like at the end of the season this year), teams have caught on to them.

I used to hate on Liverpool but I actually have to give them a lot of respect for what they did for the past couple of years. We could only wish to be as worthy title rivals as them. Liverpool would have taken you guys to the final whistle of the final game.

If I want to watch an entertaining season I'd prefer Liverpool back up there in our place tbh. At least they'd do the premier league/football proud unlike my shit bottling team.

It took Liverpool a few seasons to turn into title contenders. The run they had up to the Champions league final in 2018 gave them some belief to push City hard the season after. Think this will happen with Arsenal, if you have champions league football you can recruit from a higher level pool of players, I’d expect Arsenal to keep this momentum going next year. As for bottling it, Arsenal currently have points on the board which is far more important than games in hand. Would be typical City to go and draw against Fulham after Wednesday’s result. There’s still a lot of football to play and anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.